Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    if you got 14k, dont even think about vti-r.
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB View Post
    vtir is a pos compared to a type r.
    This made me sad and depressed

Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    lol decent money on quality parts on a vtir. if u have the decent money just get a type R to start off with. no matter how much u poor into a vtir it will never be a type R. it will never drive like a type R. people have to own a type R to understand that its not something u can replicate with parts.
    This made me wanna drive off a cliff lol. also made me start to think I am a poor ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    True,

but with decent money on quality parts like i/h/e will leave dc2rs for dead.
    This made me feel better.

But I guess everyone has their own opinion.

However I agree strongly with the majority of the people here OP, don't spend 14K on your first car, trust me, it WILL get scratched, it WILL get dented, and you WILL make mistakes in it. it's the only way to learn.

I started off with a little DA9, was an awesome fun car for my first one, but i broke the lip on it, got dents, scratches, and wore the motor out quite a bit with heavy foot driving. it's because of all that though that I understand how to drive, take care of, and maintain my current DC2.

good luck and enjoy your P's!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    This made me sad and depressed

This made me wanna drive off a cliff lol. also made me start to think I am a poor ass.

This made me feel better.

But I guess everyone has their own opinion.

However I agree strongly with the majority of the people here OP, don't spend 14K on your first car, trust me, it WILL get scratched, it WILL get dented, and you WILL make mistakes in it. it's the only way to learn.

I started off with a little DA9, was an awesome fun car for my first one, but i broke the lip on it, got dents, scratches, and wore the motor out quite a bit with heavy foot driving. it's because of all that though that I understand how to drive, take care of, and maintain my current DC2.

good luck and enjoy your P's!
    Perfect post for someone who is buying their first car.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    0-100 times, haha. Go get yourself that 'street weapon' Type R, kid. Just try not to wrap it around a tree. Have fun paying the insurance, too.

But hey, I just drive a GSi, and a lovely daily it is. Get a good condition Vti-r, and wait a few years before you buy a track car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    0-100 times, haha. Go get yourself that 'street weapon' Type R, kid. Just try not to wrap it around a tree. Have fun paying the insurance, too.

But hey, I just drive a GSi, and a lovely daily it is. Get a good condition Vti-r, and wait a few years before you buy a track car.
    who said anything about a track car?
    dc2r are awesome on the street.

screw the vti-r because u dont get

recaros
    itr rear seats
    itr steering wheel
    itr front and rear sway
    itr 5 lug brakes
    itr suspension
    b18c =D

ITR FTW
    so if u buy that vti-r, eventually you are going to want these extra parts and in the end u are going to be coughing out the same amount.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    he going to lose his license anyway.
    HE's talking about 0-100 timjes.
    Obviously wants a fast car for the street, another soon to be Type R hoon sigh
    LOLOL too true mate. too true.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    OP just got his Ps, so I suggest getting a crappy N14 Nissan Pulsar and stack that before getting a Type R! lol
    THIS! Honestly, this.

I stacked an N13 Pulsar. Rolled the ****ing thing going down a mountain. Hit a patch of water, slid into an embankment and flipped it clean over. In the slowest **** of a car I've ever driven.

It was a great first car, it really was. In hindsight, though, I would have bought an EG Civic hatch. Such a great little car. He should buy an EG for a few grand, so he can keep safe and keep saving for at least another year.

EDIT: Also, to the above bloke: The ITR is a street-legal track car. Its performance far exceeds what is necessary, useful or safe on public roads, and can only be truly appreciated on the track.
    Last edited by Indie; 08-02-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    THIS! Honestly, this.

I stacked an N13 Pulsar. Rolled the ****ing thing going down a mountain. Hit a patch of water, slid into an embankment and flipped it clean over. In the slowest **** of a car I've ever driven.

It was a great first car, it really was. In hindsight, though, I would have bought an EG Civic hatch. Such a great little car. He should buy an EG for a few grand, so he can keep safe and keep saving for at least another year.

EDIT: Also, to the above bloke: The ITR is a street-legal track car. Its performance far exceeds what is necessary, useful or safe on public roads, and can only be truly appreciated on the track.
    And to you my friend.
    A person who asks about 0-100 times IMO is seeking a fast P Plate legal car.
    That is just asking for trouble tbh.
    I really can't be f*cked with anymore idiot drivers on the road especially when there Honda's considering we don't get targetted by the popo as much...
    I give the kid 2 months to keep his license once he gets it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    unless this kids got another 2-6k for full comp, dont even think of type-r, cause thats how much he b paying, an excess will b 1k or more... so really, narrow the budget should be closer to 10-12k

honestly, kids these days are spoiled, buying cars at that price range for there first is quite a decent amount! i wished i had that amount of dough to splurge on a first car
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by quangsuke View Post
    who said anything about a track car?
    dc2r are awesome on the street.

screw the vti-r because u dont get

recaros
    itr rear seats
    itr steering wheel
    itr front and rear sway
    itr 5 lug brakes
    itr suspension
    b18c =D

ITR FTW
    so if u buy that vti-r, eventually you are going to want these extra parts and in the end u are going to be coughing out the same amount.
    Your forgetting,

ITR 4.7 LSD (shorter gear ratios)
    Bigger piston
    Bigger brakes
    Stronger chasis
    and now i give up

lol
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec powered
    type r's are nice but please don't think it's a super fast car, and those who think type r's are so much faster than a vtir teg are dreaming! they pull about 4-5 car lengths max and the dc2 will still keep up. don't think your dc2r's are king, so typical of a dc2r owner lol.

^ so typical of someone who hasn't owned one. thinks he knows everything and can make assumptions........

you'd think that people would understand by now by, no matter how many car lengths... its faster. seriously have u seen a vtir on the track, compared to a stock dc2r stock times? so please shut up you don't know shit. this faster that faster, the dc2r isn't even made for straight line. the dc2r will eat a stock vtir stock vs stock around a track any day, if both drivers are equally skilled

so please, if u haven't owned a type R, don't put ur 2c in, you don't know shit. at the end of the day dc2r > dc2 vtir. no matter what way u think about it. no matter how big or how small the margin is.

and the dc2r is the ****ing king LOL

and its been said before, if u have 14k, go get a type R. get what u want and dont look back, forget what these guys say.. looking back now i would have been spewing if i settled for a vtir. i dont even want to sell mine anymore. its not like u have 14k and u will never earn anymore money, get a job or do what uve been doing to get that 14k, and u will be able to cover insurance. just put it in ur parents name, ill tell you now im paying less then 1.5k for full comp
    Last edited by MWAKU; 09-02-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i