Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    Renault confirm Heidfeld as Kubica stand-in

Renault have announced that Nick Heidfeld has joined the team, taking over driving duties from the injured Robert Kubica, starting at this week’s test session in Barcelona. It follows his evaluation at Jerez last week.

The 33-year-old German is one of the most experienced drivers in Formula One, having started 172 races over the last 11 seasons. He will race alongside Vitaly Petrov when the new season gets underway in Bahrain on March 13.

“I would have liked to come back to Formula One in different circumstances, but I’m proud to have been given this chance,” said Heidfeld. “Everything has happened so quickly, but I’ve been very impressed by what I have seen so far in terms of the facilities and the dedication of the people at Enstone.

“I really enjoyed the test last week in Jerez and I’ve already settled in well with the guys at the track. I have a good feeling for the car, which is quite innovative. I’m extremely motivated and can’t wait for the season to begin.”

Renault team principal Eric Boullier commented: “The team has been through a very difficult couple of weeks and we had to react quickly. We gave Nick a chance in Jerez last week and he really impressed us. He’s quick, experienced and is very strong technically with his feedback and understanding of the car.

“We always said the priority was to have an experienced driver in the car and we feel he is the ideal man for the job. We are pleased to welcome Nick to the team and look forward to a strong start to the season with him and Vitaly in Bahrain.”

This week’s four-day test at Spain’s Circuit de Catalunya begins on Friday. Heidfeld will be at the wheel of Renault’s R31 on Saturday and Monday, with Petrov in the car on Friday and Sunday.
    Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...1/2/11750.html

Quote Originally Posted by 1900-hustler View Post
    I just read that today as well. I am glad he was given the opportunity with a team that should do well this season... Kubica will be spewing big time if Renault Lotus can challenge for race wins!
    EMpire.ONE

c i v i c - l i z a t i o n

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    Looks like the Australian GP will open this season.

I wonder if the teams will get another testing session after this news..

Bahrain withdraws from hosting 2011's opening round

The Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) today (Monday) announced that the Kingdom of Bahrain would withdraw from hosting this year’s F1 Grand Prix race so that the country can focus on its process of national dialogue.

Last Friday, Bahrain’s Crown Prince - HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al-Khalifa - initiated a new national dialogue involving all sections of Bahraini society in order to resolve the current political situation in the Kingdom. The Crown Prince informed Formula One’s Bernie Ecclestone of the BIC’s decision by telephone earlier today.

HRH Prince Salman said:

“At the present time the country’s entire attention is focused on building a new national dialogue for Bahrain.

“Although Bernie Ecclestone had graciously made clear that a decision on the race was entirely Bahrain’s to make and was not yet required, we felt it was important for the country to focus on immediate issues of national interest and leave the hosting of Bahrain’s Formula 1 race to a later date.

“I would like to extend my personal gratitude to Bernie Ecclestone for his support and understanding.

“After the events of the past week, our nation’s priority is on overcoming tragedy, healing divisions and rediscovering the fabric that draws this country together; reminding the world of the very best that Bahrain is capable of as a nation once again united.”

Chairman of the Bahrain International Circuit, Zayed R. Alzayani said:

“Bahrain’s Grand Prix is a time of celebration and hosting the race is a source of great pride for Bahrain and Bahrainis. It is a showcase to the world and we look forward to welcoming the teams and drivers and everyone involved in Formula One back to Bahrain in the very near future.

“I hope that F1 and our friends around the world will understand our decision at this difficult time.”

Following the Crown Prince’s decision, Bernie Ecclestone commented:

“It is sad that Bahrain has had to withdraw from the race, we wish the whole nation well as they begin to heal their country.

“The hospitality and warmth of the people of Bahrain is a hallmark of the race there, as anyone who has been at a Bahrain Grand Prix will testify. We look forward to being back in Bahrain soon.”

No decision has been made on a new date for the rescheduling of the race, which was due to take place from March 11th to 13th.

That was always going to be the outcome I believed... Priorities!
    EMpire.ONE

Looking forward to this year for sure

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Anyone else heading down? This year shall be my 6th year!
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    ill be there schumacher stnad
    my 3rd yr xD
    Build Thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128210

RIP 1992 Horizon Grey DA9
    Current 1991 JDM Burgundy DA6, with 108kw atw B18A1

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    i want to head down but i cant as because of a wedding

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Wish i had one of the kangaroo TV units lolol

I'll be there, Webber stand. 4th year! Shame I couldn't get work off Thur and Fri... regardless, I can't wait!
    EMpire.ONE

Australian Grand Prix 2011.

I feel that it nice info about all Formula 1 info but i need to know Australian Grand Prix 2011 if you want that visit below website

Australian Grand Prix 2011

Quote Originally Posted by altiusdirectory View Post
    I feel that it nice info about all Formula 1 info but i need to know Australian Grand Prix 2011 if you want that visit below website

Australian Grand Prix 2011
    errr... lol
    EMpire.ONE

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    lol spam bot?