Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S2000 Seats

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1

S2000 Seats

Helloo. Are the AP1 seats the same as the AP2 seats. as i was gunna buy a set of the sp2 headrest speakers and convert them for my ap1 but wanted to know if the bezel is the same on both seats so all i really have to do is run a wire. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    I thought AP2 seats didn't have the bezel from factory... Unless it was an option? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Are you talking about the honda headrest speakers? If so, dont buy them they are rubbish.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    apparently there are some aftermarket things you can buy which fit in the roll bar which fit 6" speakers in them.

JaimeP has them. looked pretty good.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    They are different and don't fit to the seat as you said. The Honda ones actually connect to the seat and for the price do nothing. If they cost you more than 100 bucks not worth it.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    The only issue I have with the roll bar "s-pod" type bracket is the skewed imaging you'd get.

The Honda headrest speakers (crap though they may be) have a L and R speaker for both seats

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Back to the question.

AP1/AP2 refers to the changeover in the US and Japan to 2.2L engine. Other changes do not necessarily correspond with these designations and the seats are a good example. Seats from and early AP2 are the same shape as AP1. Later AP2s had slightly different seats. The difference is in the hole in the headrest where these speakers mount. Late AP2s don't have the hole.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 10-02-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    i see. thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    i bought the speakers jamieP has. custom mounts, in black that supports a 6.5" speaker USD$70

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    post the link, wouldnt mind seeing them.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    The only issue I have with the roll bar "s-pod" type bracket is the skewed imaging you'd get.

The Honda headrest speakers (crap though they may be) have a L and R speaker for both seats
    Yeah man!