Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cops in NSW defecting

Hey, do any of you guys know if cops really care much about mods done on your p's in NSW? If you drive according to the law and everything, will they still pull you over to defect you? i know its a possibility but can they actually be bothered doing all that??

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    LOL!! mods are mods, more likely to pull u over hence ur on p's. i got pulled over several times because i was on my p's. some are bothered and some just dont care. im guessing it just depends who/what/when. they could be in a shitty mood and do ur ass over or they can be nice and let u go. =s
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    As long as your car isnt insanely loud or low.. Your not gonna get bothered.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    I have been pulled up plenty of time while in my ps in various cars and most of the time I get questioned about what are my parts (tow hook) after they ask they random breath test me
    And I'm
    On my way lol I guess it is all related to how you drive, look and act towards the policemen.

But if it's an RTA inspector and you happen to have the car under 100mm off the ground or any other detectable item your basically fked you can get a slap on the wrist and a warning but still gotta clear up the mess within 14 days lol

Hope this helped a little

Quote Originally Posted by manrag View Post
    Hey, do any of you guys know if cops really care much about mods done on your p's in NSW? If you drive according to the law and everything, will they still pull you over to defect you? i know its a possibility but can they actually be bothered doing all that??
    kidding me right ? P's are the MOST targeted cars. Why ? Because you lot drive like idiots - like you are heros , invincible....and chuck on whatever "mods" your friends have. Easy targets and easy money to the government really ! If only you (p platers) would just stick to the rules for a few years and come out a better driver and person ontop.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    kidding me right ? P's are the MOST targeted cars. Why ? Because you lot drive like idiots - like you are heros , invincible....and chuck on whatever "mods" your friends have. Easy targets and easy money to the government really ! If only you (p platers) would just stick to the rules for a few years and come out a better driver and person ontop.
    Hey Uh I hate to say this to you because you are a moderator and all but bennjamin you were once a p plater to.. We all were and know / live the experience of driving on the road.

At times even the gold/black license drivers become hoons and think they are invinclible but in the end p platers do get targeting more ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by blastnpast View Post
    Hey Uh I hate to say this to you because you are a moderator and all but bennjamin you were once a p plater to.. We all were and know / live the experience of driving on the road.

At times even the gold/black license drivers become hoons and think they are invinclible but in the end p platers do get targeting more ...
    You don't think that maybe he is speaking from experience, from when he was also a p plater?

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    You don't think that maybe he is speaking from experience, from when he was also a p plater?
    Not sure looks like he said you p platers drive like idiots and like you are invincible lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Nailed it.
    But who's to say I'm not a p plater ?! Because I'm an admin I'm instantly older and had my license for years ?

Point is ALL modifications are illegal unless engineered - I'll state some facts-
    P platers ARE the worst drivers full stop.
    P platers regardless of rules , still chuck on mods. Still drive like idiots.
    It takes years of driving to get experience , and accept the fact that driving fast on public roads is STUPID and DANGEROUS.

To put this back on topic -

The reason police target p platers - is because p platers are such easy targets. Nieve , gullible. Gaurenteed to score some $$$ off a p plater !

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    kidding me right ? P's are the most targeted cars. Why ? Because you lot drive like idiots - like you are heros , invincible....and chuck on whatever "mods" your friends have. Easy targets and easy money to the government really ! If only you (p platers) would just stick to the rules for a few years and come out a better driver and person ontop.
    qft +1
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Nailed it.
    But who's to say I'm not a p plater ?! Because I'm an admin I'm instantly older and had my license for years ?

Point is ALL modifications are illegal unless engineered - I'll state some facts-
    P platers ARE the worst drivers full stop.
    P platers regardless of rules , still chuck on mods. Still drive like idiots.
    It takes years of driving to get experience , and accept the fact that driving fast on public roads is STUPID and DANGEROUS.

To put this back on topic -

The reason police target p platers - is because p platers are such easy targets. Nieve , gullible. Gaurenteed to score some $$$ off a p plater !
    Alright sounds good let's get this topic on the road again

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    Not sure how the Police are in Sydney, in Melbourne it's probably the same, I'm a P plater(idiot/worst driver/inexperienced) but I get off my P's in April, does that still make me hoon? Anyway, my car is quite low but still legal, it's also quite loud, but I've never been pulled over to receive a defect, if your car stands out, i.e neons, hid's, all that fast and furious stuff, be prepared to get picked on. I guess it all depends on those that want to show off their rides