Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra

Coilovers for GSI

Hey everybody. Looking to lower my car pretty soon, just wonderring what is a good setup for an Integra Gsi. Car is daily driven and is often on the highway as I have to travel 1/2 an hour each day to uni. Have been looking at the Skunk2 Pro C's on the net and can pick them up for a pretty good price, but I have no experience at this so am looking for some advise. Have found the Pro C's on ebay for just over 1100 USD.

Thanks everybody.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You want stiff? Pro C will be stiff.

Are you just interested in lowering or are you after performance too?

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    dont mean to hijack but im looking at getting some coilovers for my gsi aswell in the near future.

i want something that will go low and be stiff.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    More interested in lowering with performance in mind for later down the track. So I thought I might aswel do it once and do it right. I have hard it is stiff, but the standard ones on the car are fairly stiff. As long as my ride doesn't become uncomfortable.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    dont mean to hijack but im looking at getting some coilovers for my gsi aswell in the near future.

i want something that will go low and be stiff.
    No hijack man, all discussion will help myself and others out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    it will become uncomfy lol, as far as im aware, to get good comfort an performance, u should be looking at teins, but they can be quite $$$$

have you considered also matched springs an dampers? or u still wanting the function of ride height adjustable?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    buddyclub n+ is what I bought, they are easy to adjust height, they can go fkn low as, (if thats what you want) and there's quite a good range of dampening levels. although I can pretty much guarantee (agreeing with mugen_ctr) that pretty much no matter what coilovers you buy they will not be exactly "comfortable" haha. but trust me once you get used to it, it's not bad at all really.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    I'm after the adjustable ride height, just more freedom to have the car the way I want it. How much are the Buddyclub n+ in comparison to the Skunk2 pro c's? I was also considering the pro S but heard they are rubbish.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    ive heard people say bc racing coils are good?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    or if your on a tight budget you can do what ive done and get some skunk 2 coilover sleeves. stiff ride but handles much better
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    ive heard people say bc racing coils are good?
    A friend of mine had bc racing coils 12k front 8k rear (unsure of specs) 15way damper adjustable and they were dangerously stiff in my opinion. The car actually bounced off the ground when he hit some bumps

edit: oh that was when it was on the stiffest setting

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    It's very hard to get 'stiff for track' with it remaining comfortable. Either lower it softly for daily driving or harden up and make it stiff too.

I say go stiff. You get used to it and it makes you smile everytime you take a corner quickly. I went for the 'stiffer than stock but comfortable' option and ended up hating being in the middle-zone, not comfortable enough for old people and not stiff enough to go crazy. So I got Bilsteins in the end. Stiff enough.

Plenty of options out there. All previously mentioned are good. Tein, Skunk2, Buddy Club, BC etc...