Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Em1

My EM1 Build Thread- Suggestions wanted

This is my first thread ive ever posted and i was wondering if i could get suggestions to the following:
    *whether to get fog lights
    *light black tint on rear lights
    *inovative engine mounts
    *4-1 or 4-2-1 headers
    *keep OEM lip black or spray back to factory silver

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    keep OEM lip spray back to factory silver yes

4-1 is good for hi end
    4-2-1 mid to hi
    im currently running (xforce) 4-2-1 would like a better quality set though

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Em1
    i think im gonna go 4-2-1, i think you would loose torque with the 4-1. And man all the exhaust places reckon as long as the headers are made from good steel the difference in headers is just not worth the price differences.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    just remember ppl like hytec rmf toda etc put alot of money into r&d. i got 91kw atw with stock internals, cai, 2.25inch custom exhaust xforce 4-2-1's and a tuned crome ecu. im looking to do some cams and prob itb or just a larger throttle bodie with skunk2 intake mani.

hey bro ur car is beautiful...

only paint ur lip to factory silver...

and please dont tint ur tail lights....

respect!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    just remember ppl like hytec rmf toda etc put alot of money into r&d. i got 91kw atw with stock internals, cai, 2.25inch custom exhaust xforce 4-2-1's and a tuned crome ecu. im looking to do some cams and prob itb or just a larger throttle bodie with skunk2 intake mani.
    The difference between a expensive one like Spoon an say xforce one as said, comes down to R&D, the types of metal used, the flow factor, heat resistant... alot of places may say all exhaust system are the same, crap talkers, they jus wanna sell there junk to you, research is the key to a well flowing, and performing exhaust system,it can be the difference between 10-20hp..... How the headers are designed will effect ur overall power band than any cat back system, so choose the right one for the application

id opt to go for a slighty larger TB, way less hassle over ITB, an much cheaper

ITb on a stock motor is as useless as a bigger turbo on a stock motor, to make every bit of it count, u really needa rebuild the whole engine, top to bottom, which can get $$$$

Go 4-2-1 for a street car, the low end torque will still be there

and also, stick to no foggies, as every em1 has em1 lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalz_Em1 View Post
    This is my first thread ive ever posted and i was wondering if i could get suggestions to the following:
    *whether to get fog lights
    *light black tint on rear lights
    *inovative engine mounts
    *4-1 or 4-2-1 headers
    *keep OEM lip black or spray back to factory silver
    Don't get foglights unless it's foggy where you live. WOTAM.
    Light tinting is illegal isn't it?
    Innovative engine mounts - I don't see the point unless your OEM ones are cracked. WOTAM.
    4-2-1 header for daily driving. If you're going to do 1/4 mile racing then get 4-1 otherwise it's not worth the low-end loss and clearance issues.
    Lip I think is fine either way

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    The difference between a expensive one like Spoon an say xforce one as said, comes down to R&D, the types of metal used, the flow factor, heat resistant... alot of places may say all exhaust system are the same, crap talkers, they jus wanna sell there junk to you, research is the key to a well flowing, and performing exhaust system,it can be the difference between 10-20hp..... How the headers are designed will effect ur overall power band than any cat back system, so choose the right one for the application

id opt to go for a slighty larger TB, way less hassle over ITB, an much cheaper

ITb on a stock motor is as useless as a bigger turbo on a stock motor, to make every bit of it count, u really needa rebuild the whole engine, top to bottom, which can get $$$$

Go 4-2-1 for a street car, the low end torque will still be there

and also, stick to no foggies, as every em1 has em1 lol
    (xforce = bang for your buck) my extractor back system cost more then the headers lol.. I would love to change them to like better. I have herd that 5ziegen headers are on pare with the xforce headers.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    What do you watn from this car in the end?

Will you be tracking it regularly? Do you appreciate super sound quality?

and no don't tint ur tails, and yes, spray your front lip. Car looks great as it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Em1
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Don't get foglights unless it's foggy where you live. WOTAM.
    Light tinting is illegal isn't it?
    Innovative engine mounts - I don't see the point unless your OEM ones are cracked. WOTAM.
    4-2-1 header for daily driving. If you're going to do 1/4 mile racing then get 4-1 otherwise it's not worth the low-end loss and clearance issues.
    Lip I think is fine either way
    I want fog lights merely for the look, and my engines mounts are cracked hence why im considering the upgrade. I do plan to run the car down the track but its my daily driver in the end. And if i was to go with the fog lights i wll spray the lip silver as there would be too much black at the front.

Im goin for that look

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Em1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    What do you watn from this car in the end?

Will you be tracking it regularly? Do you appreciate super sound quality?

and no don't tint ur tails, and yes, spray your front lip. Car looks great as it is.
    Tahnks Curtis.I really just want a car i can enjoy as in fairly quick for its size and has good looks exterior and interior, i currently have a nice sound from the car as ive done a 2.25" exhaust from the cat with a 5zigen fireball muffler and a custom CAI to the front bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    only problem with foglights is if you decide to go back to non fob light youll have a hole in the bumper on both sides
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+