Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

brake bleeding pattern

hey guys! i just need a little help here.. i was just wondering whats the brake bleeding pattern for honda civic 90? thanks!

furthest from the BMC and work your way back. So that means rear left , rear right , front left and then front right.

whoa! thats so quick! thanks man! really appreciate.. cheers!

Get the Honda workshop manual. It tells you everything you need to know. I have the 1990 Integra version (very similar to ED/EF) which gives an order* which contradicts the above advice of "furthest from the BMC and work your way back". I think it would be smart to trust the people who designed the system.

*For RHD: Back right, front left, back left, front right.
    I have signatures turned off

^ Thats right

Follow this 3 - 4 - 1 - 2

(This diagram is from a US service manual (LHD) that's why I reversed the order)

Last edited by dorikin; 28-02-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Get the Honda workshop manual. It tells you everything you need to know. I have the 1990 Integra version (very similar to ED/EF) which gives an order* which contradicts the above advice of "furthest from the BMC and work your way back". I think it would be smart to trust the people who designed the system.

*For RHD: Back right, front left, back left, front right.

I just use the apparent industry standard - but listen to the people who designed the system.

EDIT here is one for a car with drum brakes ( ED ) (LHD - just swap as above

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bleedseqff2..jpg 
Views:	896 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	17895
    * as u can see , the image is drum brakes
    Last edited by bennjamin; 28-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Furthest from the BMC is the standard as said. You shouldn't have any issue on a non-ABS system using that method. But as said, use the workshop manual.

For ABS equiped cars, you have to worry about the solenoid valves sucking air back in and how the manual says to overcome this issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by rotary_snail View Post
    Furthest from the BMC is the standard as said. You shouldn't have any issue on a non-ABS system using that method. But as said, use the workshop manual.

For ABS equiped cars, you have to worry about the solenoid valves sucking air back in and how the manual says to overcome this issue.
    really? i just used the same method as said above, still does the trick i guess, and also, if u got no fluid, the abs light will always be active, so keep that brake fluid topped up
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    depends what system your working with,, split or single system,.
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

All your cars should be split systems, they haven't used single systems for a longgggggg time. Around the 70's they went out of fashion for good reason. And what i said about the ABS equiped vehicles, take it with a grain of salt. Although i said that, i have never heard or seen of any problems occuring due to that. But it is a precaution your supposed to take...

Isnt the proportioner = split system ?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    if you work in a workshop you will know these old school cars still get around,, good to know both ways anyways,,
    thats right ben just letting the guys know they might work on something different one day that they havnt come across atleast there aware of it now
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900