distributor woes

hey all iv been building a ED6 civic with a high compression (14:1) D16y4 in it, with DCOE45 webers. All is done and ready to go except for the distributor. The problem im having is that because it was originally a carb car running off a vacuum advance (which will not work at all well with a engine build like this) i have put in both a MSD 6AL2 ignition and a MSD blaster coil (i love MSD stuff, had all of it on my 400WHP commodore) but i am finding it very difficult to find a distributor (any d-series will work as long as i wire it correctly) with a cap for a external coil?????

Does anyone know what model dizzy's i will easily be able to find a appropriate cap (probably MSD ) for. or if there was possibly a D-series engine that came with one already.

Thankyou in advance, Dave

If it helps - i have a d16y4 dizzy - alittle rewiring and its good to go. Cheap pm me

Make your own, have a search around. I just recently acquired a civic for my daily and one of the d.i.y's i found was an external coil setup for $50. Was on here or dseries.org, can't remember which one.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...67#post2956967

was on here. great write up by beeza
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

yeah but the problem is that works but from my experience it isnt ever as good or reliable as a aftermarket part, so if i can avoid it i want to buy one.

also been doing a bit of research and have come across a thread in HT that claiims a TD-77U distributor (from a H22A) will work on a D-series, or that at leased the cap would fit onto any d-series dizzy. can anyone back this up, it souds sus to me
    Last edited by Davo "90 civic"; 23-02-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I don't know anything about distributors really but this sounds like an awesome build! Do you have a build thread?

i do in another forum, i will be posting it up here as well when it is all done as i have asked a few things (that may not be answered correctly on a foreign forum) on here.

that e-bay store is good but what i need is a distributor cap with an external coil, so from what i saw on there they didn't have any.
    Last edited by Davo "90 civic"; 24-02-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    14:1 cr?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you can use the H22A cap on the D15 D16 Dizzy. but not on the older vac advanced dizzy's

there is a DIY on installing MSD to a B16A in the DIY Section