Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux

Shockies for Honda Civic FD1

Hi guys, I'm after recommendation on shockies to replace the stock FD1 shockies.
    Mine are due for replacement.
    I heard KYB is a decent brand but I don't know how much they would cost.
    I'm after something decent that will maintain the comfy ride but not too expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    pedders make shocks for our cars, u could go to ur local mechanic to get a price on them.

skunk2 also make fd shocks, but they're not too cheap and they're not the best if u use oem springs. best to get both shocks and springs... there is a member here that is selling his old set of s2 shocks and springs tho. contact member: vlixcool and see if he still has his available. they are lowering springs tho, so ur car will sit lower, but u may get a good price.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Thanks for the reply..
    I have been in touch with vlixcool and it was a good offer but I read a few bad reviews about the Skunk2 sport and from what I gather they are revising the sport shockies and springs design for FD.
    Have you hear anything otherwise?
    I saw some pics of your civic, can I ask where did you get your mugen body kit from? I have been looking for a while and one ebay seller in Sydney has one but the freight is quite dear.
    Do you remember how much did you pay for it and also paint job cost?

Thanks heaps..

sorry can i ask - who told you your shocks are in need of replacement ? how many ks on your car ?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Austral Honda said so last time I took my car there for the 60k service. The mechanic left a note that my left rear shock was leaking.
    They want to charge $450 to replace one shockies..

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    ouch. quite a bit of money for just one shock.

um.. i have no experience with aftermarket shocks or springs on our cars. ive got a set of fairly cheap d2 coilovers that do me well for what i need them to do. as for my mugen lip kit. i bought it off ebay a couple of years ago for about $600?? and i had a friend who does some painting and body work to spray it for me at mate's rates lol. i recently just parted out the kit tho, but i regret doing it. needed the money. i'll be looking to purchase another mugen front lip in the near future tho. probably from carmate.com or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Give me a yell if you found another mugen kit because I'm after one myself..
    Can I befriend your mate to get the mates rates..?? =p

I asked around and found that KYB has a set of shockies for FD. They are called the Excel series and they are arriving in Australia next month.
    $166 each for front and $126 for rear. I might wait for that whilst reading some DIY on changing shockies to save me $400 for fitting..=)

I also found some KYB and Tokico shockies on ebay US for Civic Si 2006+. Does anyone know if these shockies would fit our FD?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    don't quote me but i believe the suspension setup is the same in the AUDM as the USDM for all BUT the Si..

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Thanks Duffy.. I got a few replies from several ebay sellers in the US that said the same thing but they cannot guarantee that the US spec civic has the same suspension setup as ours..
    Shame... They are much more cheaper than ones available here and that is including shipping..
    Last edited by pitiek; 07-03-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Anyone else know if we can use USDM civic suspension/shocks for our FD?
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 FD2
    I have a set of FD2 Sport Shocks for sale, PM Me

Member Array
    Car:
    08 FD1, 98 EJ8
    US 8th Gen Civic EX, DX, LX model fits, part numbers are the same. Si model does not fit.
    PROJECTFD