Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic em1

B18c2 feels sluggish Help

Hi got a b18c2 put into an eg civic and the car seems sluggish. By that I mean when you take off or put your foot down on the accelerator the car accelerates really slowly and then kind of studders and then starts to pick up some speed. And when the air con is on it's way worse. What could it be? Any advice appreciated. Thanks...

ps. don't know if this post belongs here in the integra forum but i figured integra engine = integra forum, more knowledgeable people. Thanks...

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Sounds like your car is in limp mode. When mine was in limp mode (broken knock sensor) it felt just the way you described. Also chewed through fuel like there was no tomorrow it was quiet unbelievable.

I think your best bet is to try the DIY ecu test. This will tell you if your ecu is receiving any error codes (I'd post the link for you but I'm on my iPhone)

Apart from that, it could be a number of possibilities. How old are your spark plugs? Are you running an aftermarket exhaust? (o2 sensor issue)

Even you never said if your throwing a CEL or not, I recommend you try the ecu test. It's the easiest way to diagnose the problem if it's pgmfi related.

part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic em1
    Thanks, yeah it chews through fuel like crazy also getting like 250 to 300km from full tank and that's driving sensibly. Spark plugs and everything else is new, clutch, spark plugs, timing belt, all fluids, etc. I'll try the ecu test. thanks.

The two links look very useful, I'll read up on it and post back when I have some sort of a result, thanks guys...

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Yeah it's running very rich then. Go have a look at your knock sensor for me. Little green plug under the intake manifold and above the oil filter.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    still running the civic ECU or a VTi-R one?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic em1
    Running vtir ecu. Well I couldn't figure out the problem, I checked the knock sensor and all seemed good. So I took it to a mechanic. He said that the distributor wasn't firing at the right time (not really a mechanical sort of person so I just nodded). Anyway he fixed it up and the car is running smoothly now and makes a healthy 102.7kx atw. Thanks for everyone's input...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    thats brilliant, good to hear
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015