Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Central locking help

My friend took his EK civic sedan into a smash repairer last week to fix a dent on the front bumper and quarter panel. No problems there whatsoever... but we've encountered a completely different problem.
    The central locking doesn't work anymore. It only works on the drivers side door when you use the alarm remote. All the other doors are completely dead. They don't go up or down. Before the car was taken into repairs, they all worked fine without an issue whatsoever.
    We took it back to the place and they said they didn't do anything to the electrics. But what boggles my mind is how does 3 other central locking systems not work, but only the drivers side works? Surely, 3 actuators can't just die in one go with the drivers side being the only working one.

Are there any fuses or things we should check for?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    try this on all 3 doors.

get a flat head screw driver and flick it in and out of where the door locks on to the hinge.

takes 2 secs and u dnt need to take any doortrims out or anything
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Um. How is switching the latches helping the central locking? Are they jammed or something? I can still open and close the door with no problem. Though I will admit we found paper shoved in those latches when we got the car back cause they needed to tape a sheet on the side of the car to paint it.

Sounds like it might not be programed. Is it electronic or a vacuum system? If electronic, have a read in the manual for anything to do with programming.

Other than that, maybe pull the doors off and make sure the actuators are tight.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    Um. How is switching the latches helping the central locking? Are they jammed or something? I can still open and close the door with no problem. Though I will admit we found paper shoved in those latches when we got the car back cause they needed to tape a sheet on the side of the car to paint it.
    ok hero i was just giving u an idea that will take 2 secs to work and helped me on my car
    snapping 2nd..

EK's have standard central locking correct? and you have an aftermarket alarm installed?

Try this, sit in the drivers seat, close the door and lock it normally with your hand, do the other 3 doors lock? If not, it's not an alarm problem..

Check the No.51 (20A) fuse in the engine bay fusebox

and then check the grounding is good behind the right kick panel.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Nope, the other doors don't lock even when pressing on the drivers lock manually... only driver's door works. I'm just wondering, but if the fuse was say broken, wouldn't the whole central locking system not work? because the drivers side still goes up and down automatically without an issue.

Do you have an aftermarket alarm with remote central locking

OR

OEM remote central locking?

If you have an aftermarket alarm, that would explain why your drivers side lock is working.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Yes, it has an aftermarket repeller branded alarm... but how does that explain why only the drivers door is working? please don't tell me the alarm system is the one screwing up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    The alarm could still be using the OEM central locking, unless the installer put new actuators on every door.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

When an aftermarket alarm is installed, it is generally installed with an aftermarket actuator into the drivers door (depending on what type of standard central locking system the car has). So when you press your alarm remote this triggers the actuator to open/close, which explains why your drivers door lock works.

Based on the above, that rules out any alarm problems. So I would be checking the parts that make the OEM central locking work on the other 3 doors.

First things to check are the fuse and grounding points mentioned above

Then go onto check

-Power door lock control unit
    -Drivers door lock switch
    -Door lock rod/linkages
    -Open circuit or disconnected/loose terminals