Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC5 Luxury/Special edition

Hey guys i have been chopping and changing over the last couple of months what car i want for my P's. Ive gone from EK vtie, DC2R, EM1's etc, until i looked on Carsales and around the place Yesterday, the DC5 Luxury/Special Edition caught my eye.

I can pick up a pretty good one for 10-12 grand. Main reason i want one is its got Leather seats(bucket like) and a Sunroof.

Does/has anybody owned or Driven one, what are they like? Even better if some1 here is selling one in Brisbane

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    My gf has one, and i drive it. Hers is Auto though. I also have the Type S. So the difference between hers and mine is just the engine and transmission.

Hers has coilovers, and the car obviously handles quite well. Trust me you will fall in love with the seats and the sunroof is a nice add on. I'm kinda contradicting myself though, as when i first had the car, the best part of the car wwere the seat,s but now i've changed to Recaro SR4's.

for 10-12 grand, its a tough decision. I mean what do you want from the car.

You say you been looking at EK4/dc2r/ EM1. Their all got a beefy motor, where with the dc5 luxury, its more of a luxxury/sports car that really hasnt got much power (then again i drive my gf's auto one and obviously dont drive it hard). From this last statement, I dont think the DC5 luxury will be good for you. At the end of the day, your on your P's, your young, you wanna hoon. Get either an EK/EM1/DC2R. for 10-12k, get a decent dc2r for a few grnad more - at least you know u have good resale value on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Doesn'tyour GF have a face lift Lux Alex? For 10-12k you'll only get a preface lift Lux.

I know i am on my P's soon, but i dont really care about power anymore, waiting till of my P's so i can get a Turbo, v8, etc. Ive moved onto a cruiser and more comfortable type of car now

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5-Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Doesn'tyour GF have a face lift Lux Alex? For 10-12k you'll only get a preface lift Lux.
    Hey Robbi!

Yeah she does, i meant from my statement, if OP is going to spend 10-12K, the DC2R imo is the better option. power/looks/pedestal image/resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakygreek View Post
    I know i am on my P's soon, but i dont really care about power anymore, waiting till of my P's so i can get a Turbo, v8, etc. Ive moved onto a cruiser and more comfortable type of car now
    If you want cruiser and comfortable, you may be on the right track; the DC5 luxury is in everyway a cruiser. if u got a mate in the passenger, you can cruise with one hand on the wheel and your other hand on their thigh. HAHA

On a serious note, if you do get a dc5 luxury, defiantely lose the stock wing and put an ITR/ITS wing on it. my gf's dc5 handles very well for what it is tbh, and its only dropped on Tein Basic coiklovers
    Black baby

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Luxury
    Hey I have had my integra luxury for about 3 years now. I drive it heaps and like it a lot!
    Ive driven a dc2 gsi, 1989 prelude with 4ws and chunky 06 accord.
    All in all the teg luxury is good on petrol (bout 7.5/100l/km) mines manual.
    Isn't the sportiest around but does handle fairly nice around surburban.
    Despite being luxury it does not like most bumps and speed bumps are killer. (models 2004 and up fix this problem apparently)
    Next to traditional sports cars the car stands pretty tall and looks van like sometimes.
    Can look naked without a spoiler!

But really for 12k I dont think you can get an as reliable coupe that is as economical as the teg imo.

Thanks for ur replies, Yes i know they look quite van like so i would have to drop it alot, or just get a nice set of coilvers. I know im not look for a performance car, but does it go well enough, like u can feel the Vtec? i only Weigh 65 so take that into account aswell. Im just keen on the options such as leather seats, sunroof, just a nice car for coast cruising, etc. I heard their rear pillars cause a blind spot?

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    have you driven one yet?
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Luxury
    They do look nice lowered!
    the vtec system in the base dc5 is very different from the dc2 and dc5 type r and s.
    i think i read somewhere it uses the same vtec used in the honda stream and accord models.
    where there isnt a very aggresive preformance lobe and the standard lobe is tuned more for torque. it might just be me but i do feel at 5,500 the car pulls a little harder not that you get to do it often because in 2nd gear you hit close to 100 at 7000. but keep in mind its tuned for daily driving with max torque at 4000rpm which is quite low for a teg.
    im not sure if this falls under a vtec system but the car operates with 12 valves and opens up to 16valves at 2,200rpm. and somewhere between mid 4,000rpm switches from a long runner intake to a short runner (this system is also present in other tegs including dc2 but the dc5 just uses a newer version) i weigh 72-74 ish and the car definetly feels like it goes, it has an amazing torque range very drivable and gear changes are fantastic i havent been this impressed since my ae82 corolla

about the blind spot i was completely like what the heck? when i first got the car but it isnt actually that bad it just takes getting used to. i noticed the dc2 to be similarly designed but in the dc5 the window sort of comes up higher. itd only really be a problem if youre going down a steep hill and a low sports car is there (never come across this just noticed it when coming off a freeway that if it were to happen itd be hard to see)

Im not sure what to get, i have 2 main options i need to decide on. 1999 Green Em1, Engine Fully stock, 87000 ks(driven like a grandma and babied) Only mods and 17 inch alloys, Lowering and Sound system, and diff front bar, everything else is stock. Had my mechanic put it up on on hoist and nothing is wrong. Guy will accept 8500 cash. The Integra Luxury im looking at is 2002 model Red. havnt gone to see it, 167700 k's, guy wants 11, but hes ot keen for my mechanic to look at it?

Help me make my mind up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Luxury
    hrm. doesnt want your mechanic to look at it? sounds suss.
    ive never driven an em1 but it seems more revvy and less torquey in comparison to the k20a3. dont quote me on it but the b series engines seem more like preformers whereas kseries are torquey and more driver low rev friendly.
    red tegs go pink if not garaged btw, so you might want to have a look at i first!
    i think its a big factor that he wont let you have a mechanic look at it.

if the civic has really been babied vtec should be good in it thrashed the vtec system starts to go funny. some ppl say they get big kicks some say not much of a kick or they blow smoke when vtec engages etc.

My mechanic took it for a drive, oner said he hits vtec like less then once a week, Mechanic saw it blew abit of smoke but once i drive it and hit Vtec more it will wear in abit?

It also may be, with the Integra, he lives at the Gold Coast and i am in Brisbane, 1 hour drive basically, if he wants to sell the car tho ud think hed drive it upt for my mechanic to check. My mate said could get a RACQ inspection, but there there is a chance of them mis diagnosing problems which dont need to be fixed, etc