Leaking header gasket

Hi guys,

My dc2 vtir is leaking from the header because a bolt has snapped off from the top left and bottom right of the header, this makes the header not flowing exhaust properly and leaks on the left side. the leak is very small.

How can i fix this? i was thinking of putting some seal to cover the leak on the header, is this a good idea? what seal do you recommend?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    The studs breaking are a very common issue on b-series engine, expect more studs to be broken.

The gasket on Integra VTiR are a metal gasket, lasts very long at least till 250000-300000km they say.

To fix the silt and stuff comming from the headers, autobarn has a header gasket seal around $15. It's like a black pastey glue that goes around the header gasket, works a treat! But what I experainced was there was a strange smell that lasted for a few days.

What I reccomend would be a new metal gasket (around $50 max), + new header gasket glue.

Good luck,
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Thanks for your quick reply, i will try applying the header gasket seal from autobarn first. I want to just fix this temporarily until i get new headers, gasket and make the new stud at the same time. Cheers mate

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    No problem,

If your getting new headers I would definetly wait till then, I would use gaskit seal and new metal gaskit then. Because it's just a broken studd it won't be much of a problem, and it's only a small leak.

And because your car is primed to break studs from headers, I would reccomend you leave it.

I had a broken a studd on my header for 4months, all I did was regulary cleaned the area, and it was fine.

Good luck,
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero