Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R

DC2 or Civic for a track car

Why do Civics seem to be the winning combo at most race tracks instead of the Integra DC2.Weight shouldn't be an issue as most catorgaries have a minimum weight which is easy to achieve with both models.

Civics are cheaper and easier to find spare parts for

There are plenty of track spec Dc2's out there, all over the world. Look up the hasport 4 door. That thing was crazy fast.

But yeah, an eg is super cheap as a racing platform, thats for sure!!
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    In Australia! not all over the world.
    Current NSW U/2 litre IPR champion EK Civic.
    Current National U/2 litre IPR champion EG Civic.
    I'm sure with some research we will find Civics have also won local champions in the past too.
    Integra bodies are just as cheap as Civics so that can't be the reason.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED Hatch
    Show me a DC2 in working order for $1500 bucks?
    ::Street Level::

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by Photonic_Si View Post
    Show me a DC2 in working order for $1500 bucks?
    Excuse me one doesn't have to build a race car from a running donor now,why would you.
    I paid $250 for my DC2 VTI R with minor front damage and it was a runner.I have since bought another VTI R privately for $900 and a GSI with a damaged rear guar for $200.They must be overpriced in SA.
    The type of race car that wins championships would take $30K to build so the starting point is the cheapest purchase really.Find a cheap EK ????? I can't.

Im guessing its because there seems to be more civics running in these classes than integras. Also, a number of civics have been imported from south east asia already set up for racing (e.g pro concept. obviously they developed these cars alot further.)
    Civics can be made lighter (when retaining standard block in IP) and have a shorter wheelbase so are a bit more "nimble". Integras have a longer wheel base so offer more stablity and a better aero profile. There is no reason why you couldnt spend the same money on an integra as a civic and not go just as quick
    K24, EK4, b16a2, 5Zigen rims and various s2000 parts for sale http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...parts-For-Sale

Account Disabled Array
    If budget wasn't an issue, i would personally use a DC2 (preferably ITR chassis) chassis to start with. Chuck in a K20 with simple bolt-ons, set up the suspension and chassis really well and go smash those IPRA records. Wouldn't hurt to have a good steerer as well!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    There are plenty of track spec Dc2's out there, all over the world. Look up the hasport 4 door. That thing was crazy fast.

But yeah, an eg is super cheap as a racing platform, thats for sure!!
    the thing has a massive chin like a Chinese phone book lol.... but very functional!

I wonder has anyone really taking a ek/dc2 to the limits of those crazy time attack cars such as the HKS Evo or Pan Speed RX7? and im talking about seam welded chassis, custom suspension with wheel wells, and aggressive aero kits as such? I knw it seems far fetched an very unnecessary for a car of this type, but would b pretty cool
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by Urabunchamupets View Post
    Civics can be made lighter (when retaining standard block in IP) and have a shorter wheelbase so are a bit more "nimble". Integras have a longer wheel base so offer more stablity and a better aero profile. There is no reason why you couldnt spend the same money on an integra as a civic and not go just as quick
    I always thought the DC2 chassis was the same as an EG and the EK was longer.
    Benson just do it man you know you can.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    Yep I was under assumption that dc2 was same as eg too. Parts are 98% interchangeable
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.