Thread: Door latch help

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi

Door latch help

My 1997 civic sedan has central locking issue where all 3 passenger doors won't lock and unlock when I'm using the remote. I was trying to see if I could fix it by flicking the door latch but I pushed one of the latches in too deep and now I can't close the door.

Are there any DIY methods I can use to set the door latch back into its original position or do I need to call an car locksmith/go to smash repairs?

Door latch, you referring to to the metal loop on the B pillar or the locking mechanism on the door?

I have 2 pictures in my head.

1- the loop has moved toward the center on the vehicle and is now too far in for the door latch to lock onto.
    You need to loosen the upper & lower phillips head screws and just use trial and error to reposition it back in the correct position. DON'T undo the screws, just loosen. Use #3 phillips head.

2- The latch on the door is in the close/lock position. hard to explain but you need to stick a screwdriver in and pull it out while lifting up the door handle. The sticking of the screwdriver in there will mimic the door in the closed position, so pull it out while lifting the handle.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    The latch I'm talking about is the locking mechanism on the door, I'll try that tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help.

Spray some dry lube/graphite into your locks, will help that from not happening again.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    @Bludger: dude it works and I just flicked it back with my finger, ur awesome

@ rotary_snail: thnx will do when I get my hands on either one of them.