Member Array
    Car:
    EK fo shizzle

Engine sat for 2 years, water in oil pan. Advice?

I can also see rusting on cylinder head when I peek through intake valve.
    Please give me some opinion on what to do? not sure if it's coolant or water?

Thanks guys.
    "has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

What do you want out of it?

just for parts or you want it running again? What motor is it? still in the car? motor coming out of car?

Anyway, If the motor is still in the vehicle and you cbf taking it out then I would drain all the coolant & engine oil out.
    fill it up with cheapish coolant & oil, run it, try to determine how it coolant got into where the oil belongs. Fix and new coolant & oil again.

If you have time then dismantle as much as you can and clean it up. New gaskets seals, etc.

coolant/water shouldn't get into where the oil is unless there is a problem somewhere, probable a BHG from 2 years ago.

re rust inside cylinder head, use the rough/green side of a sponge & soak in motor oil. clean areas of corrosion.

looks like its on a stand?

turn it upright and let as much drain out as possible, clean, re-assemble, you should be good to go.
    Last edited by Bludger; 18-03-2011 at 09:35 AM.

With a BHG sitting there for 2 years, you'll probable get rust on the cylinder bores too.

clean with sponge & oil like I said in last post.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK fo shizzle
    i recently bought the engine. never knew it was like this, it was very clean when i opened up valve cover.
    you think seller should refund some money back? maybe he should get someone to clean it up at his cost.
    "has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

If I bought an engine and it looked like that inside then i would certainly raise an issue with the seller. Refund or not, that's between you and the seller.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    should be right,,, take the plugs out and put 200 ml of oil down each hole,, leave it for 3 days let it seep down turn the motor over by hand,,, then flush oil and put fresh oil
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Motor could of been sitting outside in the weather, water got down the cylinder (hence rust) then it collected down at the sump. See if you turn the motor over by hand first if it does then either drop some oil down or spray some WD40 down and turn over the motor again.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK fo shizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Motor could of been sitting outside in the weather, water got down the cylinder (hence rust) then it collected down at the sump. See if you turn the motor over by hand first if it does then either drop some oil down or spray some WD40 down and turn over the motor again.
    i tried to hand crank it, i could feel that hard resistance and the rust scratching. my assumption is one or few of the cylinder walls are rusted too.
    spark plugs were bit rusted.

seems like your right, water mustve got in because it was left out in the rain or something.
    intake/exhaust valves were clean, oil pan was sealed tight. only spark plugs were rusted.

have opted for a refund instead. i was advised not to take the risk, considering the engine is bare, no coil pack nothing.
    will be buying an engine from a wrecker for considerably cheaper although at higher milage (100+kkms).

thanks for the input gents. engine is a K24.