F23A1 to F23A - HELP!!!!

Hi,

I needed a new engine for my 98 accord. It had an F23A1 in it. I got an import motor that was an F23A.

My mechanic noticed that the F23A had an ERG emissions sensor on it or something so removed it. He took the timing belt kit off my old engine and put it on my new engine. Some sensors were damaged on the new engine so he replaced them with my old sensors. They changed exhaust outlet and upper part of intake manifold on the new engine with my old engine. They also changed the wiring loom and rocker cover on the new engine with the ones from the old engine.

Now it starts, but it doesn't run properly. It cannot be driven. It runs really rough and if u accelerate hard it chokes and dies. You can accelerate slowly and get the revs up but it runs very rough and can stall. Fuel pressure is fine.

Any ideas? What could be causing this problem? What are the differences between these engines? Could the missing emissions sensor be the problem?

Thanks,
    Adam

Problem fixed. The car was scanned and had thrown lots of different error codes. Cleared them all and now it's running fine.

Car is running a lot better than it was before with the old motor. Really smooth and quiet idle. It is even running better and idles quieter than my parents 2003 accord which has 140,000km on it. I'm thinking the guy i bought it off was honest when he said it had around 80,000-100,000km on it.

So an F23A1 to F23A conversion is pretty simple but requires a few parts to be changed over.