Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR

Vicroads inspection

Hi All,

I was browsing through the Vicroads website and was not able to find any details.

I am planning to buy a car that is currently unregistered. It has been unregistered for about 3.5 months. Does anyone know if I get RWC, will I be required to take the car down to Vicroads for inspection or can I just bring the RWC and get new rego ? I am not sure whether it was 3 or 6 months. Also, if Vicroads inspect the car, what do they actually check ? The car has a few mods done to it like intake, suspension, exhaust etc.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    When I registered my car in October, it had been unregistered since April (~5 months). All the guy really checked was that the VIN and engine number were the same as those on the form, and on the rwc. However, you'll almost definitely need to make an appointment and bring the car down so that they can do this.

Check out http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...gistration.htm if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Rayle; 19-03-2011 at 12:59 AM.

^^That...

If you get someone who knows what they are looking at, they might question the roady and mods though, unless you are getting a legit roady and they are happy to sign off on said mods.

I usually make the engine bay look as stock as possible.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR
    Thanks for the reply. I think maybe brakes = disc + rotors may need to be changed front and back. I was thinking of getting them done later since I'm quite poor at the moment. Thats why I wanted to check what they inspect. Are extractors and pod filter legal ?

Also the car was actually de-registered by the owner instead of the rego running out. Does the 3 month thing still apply in this case ?
    Last edited by dciisir; 19-03-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dciisir View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I think maybe brakes = disc + rotors may need to be changed front and back. I was thinking of getting them done later since I'm quite poor at the moment. Thats why I wanted to check what they inspect. Are extractors and pod filter legal ?

Also the car was actually de-registered by the owner instead of the rego running out. Does the 3 month thing still apply in this case ?
    Pod filter must be enclosed and stabled (other will be able to correct me)
    Not oiled either.
    Extractors should be fine i think.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Pod filter must be enclosed and stabled (other will be able to correct me)
    Not oiled either.
    Extractors should be fine i think.
    i thought pod filter only had to be enclosed if its oil based, otherwise it just has to be secured. the no exposed at all thing is a syd thing i think
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Nah, non exposed is illegal in Victoria, hence why INJEN CAI is illegal...
    Having a oiled pod filter is illegal due to the risk that its flammable.

Pod Filters are legal provided there in an enclosed box and are stable so the piping doesn't shake.