Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    also... do i need to prime it if it's a smooth surface? can i just sand it down smoothly and paint over it?

primer will give you the smoothest possible surface for spraying. If you think its very smooth give it a light sand and just spray it. Remember the better you prepare and the more effort you put in the better it will turn out.
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by v-tec bro View Post
    also... do i need to prime it if it's a smooth surface? can i just sand it down smoothly and paint over it?
    What exactly are you painting bro?

You've got an extremely nice car, make sure whatever it is you're painting is replaceable/repaireable etc in case you stuff up (if it's a big interior piece eg. trims or dash etc)
    part time potato

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    What exactly are you painting bro?

You've got an extremely nice car, make sure whatever it is you're painting is replaceable/repaireable etc in case you stuff up (if it's a big interior piece eg. trims or dash etc)
    i want to pant the plastics surrounding the cd player. what type of paint should i use for that? i want a super glossy finish to it...almost as glossy as the outside.... any suggestions?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by v-tec bro View Post
    i want to pant the plastics surrounding the cd player. what type of paint should i use for that? i want a super glossy finish to it...almost as glossy as the outside.... any suggestions?
    You can get plastic paints which would probably good for that.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

and a clear coat will make it nice n shiny.

oem looks best imo, keep it neat!
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    yeah.... do you guys know what brand is the best and what step i should take?

I think VHT will be fine for what you want to do. just give the surface a nice clean. make sure theres no dirt or anything on your piece. give it a 2-3 coats of primer and a couple coats of paint...done. if you want it to last use primer. if your not fussed you could just give it a spray over, will look fine but probably wont last as long and will peel after a while
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    ok... kool... thanks heaps.. i will get to that as soon as my uni is complete.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Nice write up, and thank for the more descriptive, in depth post afterward. Very helpful!

Question, what do you think would be my best option to fix the clear flaking on my roof?

I would love to do this but I don't want to play with paint.

Quote Originally Posted by blazorn View Post
    Nice write up, and thank for the more descriptive, in depth post afterward. Very helpful!

Question, what do you think would be my best option to fix the clear flaking on my roof?
    You could lightly wet sand it and re-spray some clear over it however this is only a short term solution. In order to properly fix this you will need to sand back all the damaged material, prime then prep and finish.

Something you should only do if you are competent
    DEEFUFF 4LYF