Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    B18c2 would be good but you gotta consider upgrading the brakes.

are you going to be doing the conversion or a workshop?
    yeah will definatrely upgrade the brakes.. will most likely go vtir integra breaks. not to sure about thr conversion yet, i would love to do it myself,but i have no experience and i only have a few basic tools to do little things.. havent decided yet, but ill most likely be looking at getting it done professionally.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6
    i was in this situation (also had 4k) and i got myself a B18c2 and a 5 stud stud isnt on.
    but the motor is in and im loving it ive also owned a EG B16A,but this B18c2 is much faster consideriing my car is stock apart from CAI.

if you can find a B18c2 go for it
    All about mango CLICK CLICK! http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-i-m-mango-%29

OH OH! and REP me if i post something useful

the b series gearboxes are interchangeable. ofc the gear ratios are different, which is why u'd probably wanna swap it. if ur going turbo keep the c2 gearbox
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

b18c all the way , put in this way, built b16a only just keep up with b18c, and its way over ur 4k if u chosen b16 in the first place, so more likely save a bit more might be all you need is 1k cash on top make it 5k then i believe someone in here will let go their b18c for you , and all you need is a bit here and there and labour then you get a b18c swap eg , and resell also better then b16a, even tho a built b16a wont go over 7-8k trust me

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    ive done abit of research on the b16 gearbox going on a b18 engine.. so the shorter ratios allow the car to sprint a little quicker?? i read somewhere that even earlier model type rs had a gear ratio of something like 4.4.. 98+ model type rs adopted the 4.7.. so the pre 98 itr ratios were closer to the b16?? very interesting if its true..

so im pretty convinced on going with the b16 gearbox, just need to find an engine to go with it. can this be done with 4k?? i dont want to be wasting an everyones time if 4k isnt enough.. ill start a new thread when i get more cash otherwise XD haha

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Forget about messing around with GBox's IMO. If you're going to get a GBox get a B18C7 or JDM B18C box. Isn't such a big deal for what you want out of the car.

For $4000 try to get a B18C2 full conversion with the standard GBox included (does the job fine seriously). Might pick it up for around $2500 or so, put aside $500 for mounts, another $1000 for labour minimum, and then consider that you might need another $500-1000 for fluids/other issues that arise.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    @OP: I thought you were going to try an Ebay turbo setup anyway?

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    thanks for the advice and the figures dougie. and yes i was after an ebay turbo setup, but after alot of thinking, i decided that i like my hondas na.......
    nd plus a white eg with what im pretty sure was a b16 stole my heart.. best crossover ever!!!! XD

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    sedan love

check out my thread man =)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-s-Civic-Ferio

EG8 D15b7/D16a6 Cam/D16z6 IM
    rocks hard for how much i spent

but no where near as good as a B =p
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    f20c
    b18c2 for sure. Just save up a little bit more as i've been in an eg with a b18 in it.. And trust me the sound of the vtec crossover would be enough for your ears, and how quick it is in an eg shell. I never expected how loud the crossover was from outside and inside as my friend was driving. This was literally the sound. *mmmBARPP* People may emphasise on that sound but thats exactly what it sounded like in my ears. Also the pull is great (Y).

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    ive done abit of research on the b16 gearbox going on a b18 engine.. so the shorter ratios allow the car to sprint a little quicker?? i read somewhere that even earlier model type rs had a gear ratio of something like 4.4.. 98+ model type rs adopted the 4.7.. so the pre 98 itr ratios were closer to the b16?? very interesting if its true..

so im pretty convinced on going with the b16 gearbox, just need to find an engine to go with it. can this be done with 4k?? i dont want to be wasting an everyones time if 4k isnt enough.. ill start a new thread when i get more cash otherwise XD haha
    Your probably talking about the Japspec B16A gearbox ratios, which are worth over 1.5K
    S1/J1 JDM B16A X-Si
    1. 3.230
    2. 2.105
    3. 1.458
    4. 1.107
    5. 0.848
    REVERSE. 3.000
    FD 4.400

They have shorter ratios because of the lack of torque the JDM B16A has. But if you compare both of the gearboxs with all the numbers, ITR gearbox overall has shorter gear ratios. Mainly because of the 1st - 4th - 5th gears are lower than the JDM B16A gearbox.

You'll love the ITR box over the stock B18C2 gearbox. Gears are so much smoother to use, and with that LSD you can notice that grip and pull within every gear. And LSD only works when your going full on. They call it helical LSD. And car will rev so much quicker,
    ITR gearbox:
    1st gear 8000rev --> 2nd gear drops to 6800RPM, then accelerate to 8000rev --> 3rd gear drops to 6300RPM.. havn't tried other gears yet.

With the old C2 gearbox:
    1st gear 8000rev --> 2nd gear drops to 5100RPM then accelerate to 8000RPM -->, then 3rd gear drops to 6000RPM.

Thats gearbox information.

Stick to B18C2. My close mate has a B18C2 EG. It's completly stock even with stock clutch. EK4(B16A with 155K) with I/H/E HD clutch & light rims can't even keep up after him when EG passes 3rd gear. Now the EG has got stage 4 clutch, I/H, were hoping for mid - high 13's.

Good luck, hope info helped.
    Last edited by DC2-PWR; 30-03-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    b18c sir-g engine with a b16a gearbox sounds like the go for his budget!
    more powerful than the b18c2 but less power than the b18c type t/b18c7
    its the middle of them two roads and is a good engine.
    well worth the thought!

oh and if your wanting a lsd down the track you can pick one up second hand for like $400-1000 depending on brand and quality!
    Welcome Abourd