Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    wow thanks for all the info DC2-POWER yeah i think it was the jap spec b16 i read about. thats a huge drop in revs in second gear for the c2.. does it drop out of vtec??

@phatty
    cheers mate i just need to be reassured that im not going to be dissapointed with a b18c2 vtec crossover!! lol ive been in a b16a (loved the crossover) and been in a b18c7 ( loved that crossover aswell)
    the b18c7 crossover felt a little less agressive than the b16 (most likely because of the smoother torque curve on the b18), but the vtec pull was just amazing. lovely raw power

oh and hopefully ill be putting it into an eg hatch.. kinda over my sedan. i want to swap it for a hatch, so if u guys know anyone interested in a sedan, hit me up..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    wow thanks for all the info DC2-POWER yeah i think it was the jap spec b16 i read about. thats a huge drop in revs in second gear for the c2.. does it drop out of vtec??

@phatty
    cheers mate i just need to be reassured that im not going to be dissapointed with a b18c2 vtec crossover!! lol ive been in a b16a (loved the crossover) and been in a b18c7 ( loved that crossover aswell)
    the b18c7 crossover felt a little less agressive than the b16 (most likely because of the smoother torque curve on the b18), but the vtec pull was just amazing. lovely raw power

oh and hopefully ill be putting it into an eg hatch.. kinda over my sedan. i want to swap it for a hatch, so if u guys know anyone interested in a sedan, hit me up..
    Not really droped out of vtec, just depends on what rpm you shift at, its all accuracy. But 1st crossover is 4500RPM, and 2nd gear is the tallest and it drops to 4900-5000RPM when shifting from 1st @ 8000K rev.

My mate had a EH Sedan (meatball). He had the B18C2 with B16A gearbox. His car was a complete weapon, I/H/E and a few other stuff, and DC5R's with Toda goodies couldn't keep up. It was a weird car but was very powerful. PM him, his username meatball. 89lude built his car.

Good luck though, brainstorm a good combination of parts (i.e. if you want more topend or mid range power etc), and you'll be ahead of your plans.

Good luck.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    You could save yourself all the trouble and buy a nice, ready-made example :P

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...te-EG5-w-B18C2
    part time potato

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    IMO if you want torque just go B20, dw about B16 or B18. If you want crossover go B16.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    u can get B20 blocks pretty cheap at most wreckers - buy a b16 and do the conversion with a B20 block lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    i was just bout to say consider the B20 route..but was beat to it...
    they are a weapon if done right.. and can be a cheap engine upgrade

and as for the Eh with b18c2 repping just i/h/e beating DC5Rs with toda set up.... i find that kinda hard to believe.... :S
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    i was just bout to say consider the B20 route..but was beat to it...
    they are a weapon if done right.. and can be a cheap engine upgrade

and as for the Eh with b18c2 repping just i/h/e beating DC5Rs with toda set up.... i find that kinda hard to believe.... :S
    I think it was either keeping up or winning, something along those lines. And those boys don't lie usually, and they don't tell anyone like there topshit either. It was also advertised when he was selling the car too.

Yeah its hard to believe, but it was all proven they say.

B20 blocks are really good, another mate has EG B22B that HPR built with Jun headers and what not did 13.0seconds. Pretty impressive stuff from Ivan and Johhno.

Like dougie said about B20 is a good idea
    Last edited by DC2-PWR; 30-03-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    iv seen this - even the sedan can do it if modded and stripped the right way
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    yer not saying your lieing jst saying abit hard to believe......

but back to the thread.....

think about the B20 route.... they are quick and have a pretty aggressive crossover too... so can be the best of both world... especially considering they are a pretty cheap alternative aswel
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    ummm a b20vtec will cost more then 4k champ its not just wack and start n drive... its a frank conversion.. if u got 4k i personally would get a b18c2 long block they aint that expensive and slap a b16a gearbox they are about 500-1k and you should be good to go

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    is this possible? arent the gear ratios different? would this enhance the cars performance and would it require a tune to accomodate the b16 gearbox on a b18 engine??

appreciate the help guys

Yes it works. Any b series motor will work with any b series gearbox. Only requirement is needs to be hydraulic clutch.

An example would be my em1, im running a b16a2 wit a b18c gearbox. LSD is good.

Some cosmetic changes are required too, depending on your setup. The senors where in a different spot for the b18c gearbox, i just removed the brackets for senors from my old gearbox and bolted it on the new one. its not rocket science.
    Last edited by amant02; 01-04-2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: more info

hey guys, i cant decide whether i should go for a b16a2 or a b18c2.. was going to go for a jdm b18c, but it was pushing my budget.. ive got around 4k to play with. how much should i expect to pay for each of these swaps assuming the car they are going into is an efi eg..

is it worth doing any of these swaps? or is the b18cr only really worth it? what type of cars can i expect to keep up with, with a b16 or vtir b18. (just to make it clear, im not a street racer or anything, i just want to put it into context and get an idea compared to other cars)
    im in the same boat, if i find a decent shell or maybe find a b16 in an eg that i can mod to make my own..