Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I received the recall letter early this week, they must get the owners details from the transport department because I purchased the car privately 2 years ago and have not sent any change of ownership to honda and it hasn't been to honda for a service either. I rang honda today and booked it in telling them that the hose had already been replaced with a non-genuine part. Since fitting the non-genuine hose, the steering has made a whining/groaning noise so I was extremely happy when they said they would replace it anyway. I certainly am happy with the outcome and will from now on use only genuine parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by pudsp1 View Post
    I received the recall letter early this week, they must get the owners details from the transport department because I purchased the car privately 2 years ago and have not sent any change of ownership to honda and it hasn't been to honda for a service either. I rang honda today and booked it in telling them that the hose had already been replaced with a non-genuine part. Since fitting the non-genuine hose, the steering has made a whining/groaning noise so I was extremely happy when they said they would replace it anyway. I certainly am happy with the outcome and will from now on use only genuine parts.
    Not everything on the Honda have to use genuine, it's just that particular hose is 'special' they put trickery in it so non OEM hose won't delievr the same pressure, hence the noise.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Not everything on the Honda have to use genuine, it's just that particular hose is 'special' they put trickery in it so non OEM hose won't delievr the same pressure, hence the noise.
    I did speak to a guy who asked if they put a spring or coil in the hose when they made it. I don't know if this is what may cause it or not.

just got mine done today. Only bought the car privately 3 weeks ago. just called up honda to update my details and then they told me to call a service centre and they will sort it all out. steering feels a touch heavier, or maybe its me just being paranoid.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    Yeah I just received a notice from Honda. I read the news about it beforehand and I was already aware that my Accord Euro was affected by this issue. Will book it to get fixed. Better be on the safe side! One question though, is this problem completely separate from squeaking noise when I turned my steering wheel?
    Last edited by Euro76; 18-05-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    2006 CL9 Accord Euro 6MT - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Mods: | 5,000k Polarg HID Bulb | PIAA LED Licence Plate & Parking Light Bulb |

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro76 View Post
    Yeah I just received a notice from Honda. I read the news about it beforehand and I was already aware that my Accord Euro was affected by this issue. Will book it to get fixed. Better be on the safe side! One question though, is this problem completely separate from squeaking noise when I turned my steering wheel?
    It gets rid of the 'whinning' noise due to leaking hose.
    squeaking is a different problem methinks.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Booked mine in to be replaced

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    oh man dont say that tranz, i also ceebz raising the car

ill just bring it in and if i cant make it in ill just leave it till it actually becomes a problem lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' EURO LUX
    are the power steering hose replacements done for free?

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Yes, they are free of charge.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro Luxury
    The power steering hose in question failed on my 03 Euro on Monday, leaking fluid onto the exhaust manifold, which caused smoke to spew out of the bonnet. Luckily i got the recall letter today just before i was about to pay to have it fixed.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I recently bought a '06 Euro Lux. How do I know if the Steering Hose was replaced on mine? Who can I call to find out?