Member Array
    Car:
    gokart

BEAKS Rear Subframe Tie Bar - EP3 Type R

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Installation guide for Beaks rear subframe tie bar - EP3 Type R

Tools Required:
    • 3/16 inch hex key
    • 13mm socket
    • 17mm socket
    • Ratchet
    • Torque Wrench

Steps:

1. Jack up car at all 4 corners and support it with jack stands
    2. Support the LCA's with a jack to stop the LCA to move out of alignment
    3. Loosen and remove factory lower control arm (LCA) pivot bolts on the vehicle's subframe.
    4. Install the LH and RH subframe tie-bar brackets at the LCA pivot bolt locations
    5. Re-install the LCA pivot bolts, but don't fully tighten them
    6. Adjust the position of the brackets such that the horizontal tabs are level and inline with each other.
    7. Attach the cross bar to the brackets using the supplied bolts and flange nuts. Don't fully tighten the bolts
    8. With the bar attached to the brackets, check for any significant gaps or interference between the cross bar and brackets, and between the brackets and the subframe.
    9. Adjust the tie-bar using the slotted feature on the brackets and the cross bar until all parts are sitting flush
    10. Once the tie-bar assembly is positioned properly, tighten the 4 tie-bar bracket bolts to 24 ft-lb.
    11. Tighten the LCA pivot bolts to 40 ft-lb.
    12. Test drive vehicle and re-torque all bolts after test drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting car
    is it a one man job?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Nice photos of the DIY.

And yes you can do it just by yourself. Only problem I came across was when I removed the bolt and my LCA fell out of place.

Member Array
    Car:
    gokart
    thanks!

i recommend having someone to help, cause the LCA will come out of alignment and you'll need someone to move the wheel while you take the bolt out and put it back in

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    helpful hint:
    Easier to take wheel of first, therefore theres no extra weight pulling on the lca, and thus it wont pop out of the subframe.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    Hey guys and girls. I did a search as I'm looking to buy some parts to help stiffen up my DC5R and improve the handling. I've already got a Spoon front strut bar and am waiting on a whiteline rear sway bar. My question is, what exactly does the rear subframe tie bar do? I know in theory how it works, but I'm wanting to know how it works in reality, and what affects it has on the ride. I'd love to hear how ride characteristics change as a result of installing a rear subframe tie bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    It's for looks.