Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CL9] K&N vs. Blitz vs. Spoon vs. Mugen - replacement panel air filter

I was browsing on the HeelToe Auto website and noticed there is actually a wide variety of options when it comes to a drop-in replacement panel air filter for the CL9 Euro.

They do however vary quite a bit in terms of price so I was wondering if anyone here tried more than one and can suggest their favorite.

Is it actually worth paying for a more expensive one or do they all do pretty much the same job and sticking with the mainstream K&N would be the best value for money?

In order of price
    (prices are in AUD not including postage):
    K&N - $42.35
    Blitz - $49.00
    Spoon - $95.55
    Mugen - $138.00

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    KnN does the job and can be washed and reused

just get a K&N.. look at the prices of the others.. damn rip off and its just a filter haha

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    extra 90$ for the words mugen wow.
    ive got k&n

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    i got k&N

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    i got k&N
    Me too

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Unles mugen Is made out of gold.... K&n
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Unles mugen Is made out of gold.... K&n
    with u on that one

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    with u on that one
    wheres the best spot to get one of these?

is there any noticeable difference in power and economy or a waste of money?

^ebay usa. usually about half the price you can get from aus

if you're gonna replace your air filter, might as well get a k&n one... it's washable/reusable, only for an extra few bucks.
    not really any noticable difference in power or economy

Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by rayd17 View Post
    wheres the best spot to get one of these?

is there any noticeable difference in power and economy or a waste of money?
    I just replaced my Euro CU2 filter with a K&N, expecting a modest subtle improvement. It was not modest. It was not subtle! Feels like a bigger engine.

I paid full Australian price which is about $140! If you can wait for the few extra days, buy from the US - the discounting there off the US RRP about pays for the shipping, so it ends up less than half price. Make sure you get the correct model though, as you are not looking for a Honda Accord filter but an Acura TSX filter! The filter maintenance pack costs about $30 here, so you might want to buy one of those from your chosen US discounter at the same time.

Cheers,
    Warren
    Last edited by WarrenM; 03-04-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenM View Post
    I just replaced my Euro CU2 filter with a K&N, expecting a modest subtle improvement. It was not modest. It was not subtle! Feels like a bigger engine.

I paid full Australian price which is about $140! If you can wait for the few extra days, buy from the US - the discounting there off the US RRP about pays for the shipping, so it ends up less than half price. Make sure you get the correct model though, as you are not looking for a Honda Accord filter but an Acura TSX filter! The filter maintenance pack costs about $30 here, so you might want to buy one of those from your chosen US discounter at the same time.

Cheers,
    Warren
    I've got K&N on mine, not much difference, I recken 1/2 of the difference you felt was from the fact it's a clean filter :-)

You'd be surprised how much gunk it collects.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars