Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch

Integra Engine Conversion - F Series

Hi, for my year 12 research project I am researching the skills, resources and knowledge needed to put an F series engine into a Generation 2 Integra so that maybe one day I can do it. The F series which I am talking about are from Accords and some Preludes, not the S2000. Why the F series? From what I have read:
    1. Lots of torque
    2. Cheaper then H series engines
    3. Different to another B swap
    4. Good to turbo

I know lots of the information is already on the net but I need direct responses for the project. The research outcome will be a report/guide on the process which I will post on Ozhonda for all to use.

All responses will be greatly appreciated but please don't say.. "thats a pointless swap just build a B series".. this doesn't really help.

Thanks again,
    Ben
    Last edited by ben11; 03-04-2011 at 11:49 PM.

F series...? im assuming not F20c?
    f22b? accord motors? What kind of F series are you after dude?

Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch
    yeah my bad will edit. The F22's and even F20B blue top from the Jdm accord SiR.

Ok,

F series arent common for conversions, they maybe tourqey and that but its no point really.... H series is a much better option imo, easier, bigger displacement and much stronger and maybe alot more quicker? I may be wrong but this is my opinion..

Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch
    thanks but they are really expensive and i thought the cylinder walls were questionable if going turbo? All H engines are $1300 + whereas F22's are around $500 from what I have looked at

F22's are single cam arent they?
    Just b series it dude.. lol i know you dont want me to say that but its much more worth it than f22b..
    b series and h series has similar price

Quote Originally Posted by ben11 View Post

All responses will be greatly appreciated but please don't say.. "thats a pointless swap just build a B series".. this doesn't really help.

Thanks again,
    Ben
    Did you read that sentence jdmeg5?

Ben, unfortunately not many people have done what you have suggested so there won't be much information out there for you to read on.
    As with any unusual conversion, you will make it up as you go along. It will be taxing on time and money. But if its your passion then go for it.

good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    if u really want to do a swap on F series, have a read on bisimoto's site. he's done F series insight drag car N/A that did 8 or 9 smthg second pass 1/4 mile

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    I have the F22B1 in my CD5 Accord. I think it's a great engine. As for fitting it into an Integra, good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    What class are you doing where you can do a year 12 assignment on an engine transplant.

Sweet cover story.

Have you used this sweet resource called "google.com" by any chance?

Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ben11 View Post

I know lots of the information is already on the net but I need direct responses for the project.
    Subject is called research project you can choose whatever you want

Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch
    Still don't understand why everyone says its not worth it, H2B/F2B kit (keep everything but the engine, gearbox, axles, engine mounts are still B series) from evolution and quarter sport drag is 1K give or take a little and F22's go for 500-700. B18C's are 2000+?