Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 + JZX100

ED and EF seat rail

Hey guys,

It would be a great help if someone could confirm for me that ED and EF seat rails have different mounting positions.

Basically my EF9 came with some Monza Buckets which I'm selling so in the meantime I went to a wrecker and bought a pair of ED hatch seats. The driver's side rails line up to the holes perfect.

The problem is the passenger rail only lines up to 3 of the holes. If you are sitting in the back seat, it's the rear left hole closest to you. So it's the one you would normally climb over to jump in the back seat. The problem is it's not just off by a couple of millimetres, it's out by at least 10cm.

Now because SiR seats are hard to come by and expensive, I'm just going to get brand new Brides. Now I've done all my research with the rails and the ones I'm ordering are for EF1,2,3,9 in the Bride PDF. My worry is if ED and EF passenger rails are identical I will just be buying a new expensive problem, also my car means my car is weird...

TL;DR Is my car weird or are the EF9 passenger rail mounting points different to ED passenger rail?

Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    They're different
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 + JZX100
    Wow thanks for the quick and direct response.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    swap the rails over to the seat, than all 4 bolts should line up, if its anything like ek/dc/eg
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by ToF View Post
    Wow thanks for the quick and direct response.
    TL;DR lololol

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    ive swapped ed9 seats and rails into my ef8.... But they're both crx's. Maybe ur mixing crx and civic sets? I know they are similar but clearly there is a difference. For me it swapped over perfectly, only reason i swapped was coz the ed9 seats are mint.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 + JZX100
    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay101 View Post
    ive swapped ed9 seats and rails into my ef8.... But they're both crx's. Maybe ur mixing crx and civic sets? I know they are similar but clearly there is a difference. For me it swapped over perfectly, only reason i swapped was coz the ed9 seats are mint.
    Yer I didn't consider that either. I didn't see what car the seats came out of, so the wreckers could have been douches. Oh well thanks for more info.