Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 Honda Prelude

Question [CL9] CD/AUX button not functioning

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 2005 Euro. All is great, except for the 6 CD stacker. I cannot select the CD player with the CD/ AUX button, and the 'LOAD' button is also not functioning. I've had a look around this forum and various other places online, and it seems the most common issue is with stuck CDs, however I haven't found anyone else who cannot select CD at all.

Is this repairable? I'm also looking at ordering an xcarlink for mp3 playback via USB, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to select the device, as the CD / AUX button isn't functioning.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    mine just did the same thing 2day but it had no cds in it would love 2 no how 2 fix it

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Happened to mine too.

I endedup pulling by head unit out.
    The CD stacker's buggered. IT's a common fault (It is a Panasonic/Matsushita POS) It's like a $5-600 dollar repair from Honda...

OR look here
    http://www.electronicrepairs.com.au/...e.php?sort=all

Since the repair involves removing the head unit, you might as well get the Ipod adapter installed at the same time.

Good Luck! (just FYI, the Aust Euro's headunti is the same as the normal accord, Honda did that to cut cost)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Hi Hayden,

I've got the same problem. Did you manage to get that fixed?? if you do, how much and where?

Thank you

Hi. Does anyone has this problem? Would be great to have some advice.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    My euro 03/04 just swallowed a cd last night and gave the error when I tried to eject it. So it's stuck in there and won't play cd's anymore.
    What a POS. I even had that backlight issue which I repaired myself a while back but now something else. Umm why do Hondas have a good reputation?
    Any clues on how to DIY fix it, I don't mind opening it up myself.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    It's because you don't have an aux cable plugged in. Once you get an aux cable (xcarlink/grom audio) put in the AUX button will function. for now, that there is none, there's no function for that button...i thought it was a problem too at first then i bought my grom audio aux cable thingy and the AUX button worked.
    OH WERD?!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux
    My 04 luxury just ate 6 cd's this morning. I dont even have the 6 cd symbols at the top anymore. Looks like i'm off to electronic repairs to get them back. So what you are saying Fredoops is that the basic accord has the same sound system as the luxury, speakers included? So what do the non Aust models get then?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastem1 View Post
    My 04 luxury just ate 6 cd's this morning. I dont even have the 6 cd symbols at the top anymore. Looks like i'm off to electronic repairs to get them back. So what you are saying Fredoops is that the basic accord has the same sound system as the luxury, speakers included? So what do the non Aust models get then?
    head unit is shared between the Euro, regardless of Lux or normal (except the Sat Nav version)

I also think the head unit is shared between the Euro and the UC1 Accord (the big 7th gen Accord)
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    You hardly ever need correction but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    .... between the Euro and the CM5/6 Accord (the big 7th gen Accord)
    fixed.

Not that it makes a difference.

But the UC1 was only released & made in Japan.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^ ur right, Cm5 was the correct code.

friend's one (04luxury) has a carlink attached and the cd/aux button has stopped working can anyone recommend anything? could it just be simply dirty under the button? (take it out, give it a clean?)