Hi flow cat dc5 issue

hey guys quick question
    I have Mugen headers, stock cat and a Toda 2.5 inch cat back on my DC5R
    I bought a 100 cel Venom Cat. I have just discovered that I have the most strangest stock cat ever seen and is not a straight fit. So to get my cat to fit.I have to chop up my old one use the flanges, then have a pipe made to fit from the end of my cat to the start of the cat back. I also have to make a o2 sensor port which is going to be at the end cause the cat didnt come with one, but to get it in the right spot i want I have to extend the wires cause they are too short. if I solder extra lengths of wires on will that affect the o2 sensor?
    as ive heard that additional length can throw the ecu out, this is the bit that im worried about
    I do not want the engine light to come on either. I know chances are it will. I have a KPRO will this negate the CEL coming on? If yes how do I do this? Or do I have to buy a defouler aswell?
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    hey guys quick question
    I have Mugen headers, stock cat and a Toda 2.5 inch cat back on my DC5R
    I bought a 100 cel Venom Cat. I have just discovered that I have the most strangest stock cat ever seen and is not a straight fit. So to get my cat to fit.I have to chop up my old one use the flanges, then have a pipe made to fit from the end of my cat to the start of the cat back. I also have to make a o2 sensor port which is going to be at the end cause the cat didnt come with one, but to get it in the right spot i want I have to extend the wires cause they are too short. if I solder extra lengths of wires on will that affect the o2 sensor?
    as ive heard that additional length can throw the ecu out, this is the bit that im worried about
    I do not want the engine light to come on either. I know chances are it will. I have a KPRO will this negate the CEL coming on? If yes how do I do this? Or do I have to buy a defouler aswell?
    ??? Really ???

Mugen headers come with a high flow cat from Mugen.
    Your standard cat will not fit Mugen headers. (That goes for both ADM & JDM DC5)
    Sounds like you replaced your Mugen cat & had your exhaust & header butchered in the process.
    The Venon cat is a universal cat, it was always going to have to be welded in. (As if it would just bolt in)
    Anyway. You can lengthen the wires for the O2 or just buy an 2nd O2 senor extension kit from ClubRSX
    Personally I wouldn't bother since you have a K-Pro.
    I wouldn't even fit the 2nd O2 sensor. Just remove it, unplug it, bin it.
    & then turn off the error via the K-pro - problem solved.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Adrian, just wondering, what's your opinion of Mugen headers for the DC5R in terms of performance/gains? (relative to your own TODA headers)
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    another one bites the dau
    i hate it when people butcher quality parts because they dont know what they are doing =(
    it makes me sad

Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    ??? Really ???

Your standard cat will not fit Mugen headers. (That goes for both ADM & JDM DC5)
    Sounds like you replaced your Mugen cat & had your exhaust & header butchered in the process.
    The Venon cat is a universal cat, it was always going to have to be welded in. (As if it would just bolt in)
    Anyway. You can lengthen the wires for the O2 or just buy an 2nd O2 senor extension kit from ClubRSX
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i hate it when people butcher quality parts because they dont know what they are doing =(
    it makes me sad

Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    ??? Really ???

----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    it makes me sad
    From what I've gathered I was sold and bought the top half of a mugen header. The bottom end with the cat I do not have in my possession. Sorry for the confusion.
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Well u need the 2in1 part of a jdm dc5r oem header right?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    From what I've gathered I was sold and bought the top half of a mugen header. The bottom end with the cat I do not have in my possession. Sorry for the confusion.
    But Mugen header for DC5R comes in one piece with the cat only. the top and bottom half cant be separated.

I really really want that Mugen header, but cost wise is too much