Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, BB6, EU1
    Yer the whole rear bumper is as easy as the front bumper - haven't removed it yet but from the looks of it - just two screws on either sides above the wheel, two next to the lights and a few under the rubber and plastic lining I assume.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, BB6, EU1
    Heres some more shots after I finished my exhaust..

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 Civic FD2
    Seen it like 3 times... and already im jelly cz mine is still not like that =( But gw Gee.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Hey man, nice DIY instructions on the Mugen RR kit. I was wondering did you have someone wire up the brake lamp on the rear bumper kit OR did you wire it up yourself?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    Hey man, nice DIY instructions on the Mugen RR kit. I was wondering did you have someone wire up the brake lamp on the rear bumper kit OR did you wire it up yourself?
    I've got the same kit and wondering the same thing now. I assume I'm going to have it professionally done just to be safe.

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    he did the wiring himself
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Great write-up, good to see it finished, looks great, just so everyone knows, how much did it all cost? Cheers, Tseesinngwailo
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Si (FA5)
    I know I'm igniting an EXTREMELY old thread but you had the only diy for this kit that was this extensive. For that I thank you. However, I do have a couple of questions.

1) I noticed on the side skirts you used the brackets and screws. Did you also use double sided (VHB) tape as well like you did on the rear lip? If so, could you elaborate where you placed the tape?

2) My FA5 is also black. What color did you paint the diffuser to contrast against the black of the car?

I know it's been quite some time but I'm hoping you're still monitoring this forum. Thanks in advance.

1. The tape you'd place about 3mm off the top edge, so that when you push the skirting down the tape won't overlap. Also leave gaps every 15cm, so water won't get trapped and can flow through.

2. I've seen the diffuser part painted a matte black, but it all depends on what you want. This allows it to be the same colour as the body, but its not "glossy".
    Last edited by lolmclol; 20-09-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Si (FA5)
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    1. The tape you'd place about 3mm off the top edge, so that when you push the skirting down the tape won't overlap. Also leave gaps every 15cm, so water won't get trapped and can flow through.

2. I've seen the diffuser part painted a matte black, but it all depends on what you want. This allows it to be the same colour as the body, but its not "glossy".
    Thanks for the response. When you say, "...so the tape won't overlap" you mean so the tape won't put over the top edge of the skirt, right?

I have the diffuser painted a matte black before (a very crappy replica piece) and the contrast wasn't enough for me. I see his looks either a grey or some silver.

Yeah, so it won't rest over the over the top edge.

I actually just had a look at the photos (I didn't before) and you're right, it looks like a moonrock grey.