Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9

Installing Benen Tie Bar

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To install the benen Tie Bar on my Dc2

Required: A Mechanic friend ... Lol if you dont want to do it your self or

Wrench

14mm socket

Cable Ties

WD40

A whole pouch full of different sockets because i forgot which ones we used...

MUSCLE

Steps:
    1.While your cars on the floor loosen the wheel nuts abit on both sides of the rear tyre.

2.Jackk your car up from behind too the point where you can shove two car stands on both sides.

3.try putting the tie bar on top of the nuts to make sure its the right size , also note+ if you look in the picture you can see the abs lines are ontop of the area you have to unscrew those.

4.Now take off the tyres on both sides.

5. Its time to get into it , spray the wd40 around the area and bolts and nuts and try to get it underneath if possible , then crack the nuts on both sides of LCA's dont take them off yet just crack them.

6.What we did too fit the abs cables was shove it under the swaybar endlink and ontop of the tie bar , soo it should be nice and tight soo the cabel cant slip out and it does not hang low also cable tie the rest onto your swaybar.

7. take off one bolt holding onto the LCA's put your tie bar into the position where the nut went , screw them in but not too tight , then do the same thing with the other side. NOTE+ make sure the cables inbetween it tightly.

8.Now pop the tyres back on lower the car , reach underneath and tighten up the tie bar if you did it when its up you could strain the nuts so you do it when its on the floor.

9. NOW YOU STAND BACK AND STARE AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK.

Other comments
    this is my first DIY soo yeh dont blame me if theres any discrepencys , note the bolts that go onto the tie bar was a madddd b**** to take off soo grease lube spray like crazy.
    Last edited by nwa111; 25-04-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    good job bro looks mad
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Gd write up champ! Made it to good use!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    thanksss man