Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra

B-series swap - Hydro v cable box

hey guys,

I'm in tha planning stages of v2.0 of my b-series swap, and i'm trying to plan this one out a bit better. (FYI B16a2 into DA3 integra)

I used the hasport AVB-1 mounts kit, and used a b18a (s1?) cable gearbox in v1.0. everything bolted up fine, no dramas.

In v2.0, i want to use a matching hydro gearbox out of a delsol, EM1 or EK4, (basically the factory matching gearbox for a b16a2)

Are the gearbox casings for the hydro box the same as a cable box? ie. will i be able to use the existing transmission mount/rail bracket from AVB-1, or will i need to buy an entirely different mount/bracket to suit the hydro?

So also, i understand that I need to use a cable-to-hydro adaptor, which hasport or innovative have. but i'm not sure what i would use. I think it might be this:

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/a...ch/efbhcl.html

or maybe this:

http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=41000

Is there a difference?

thanks guys
    You never go ass to mouth!

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by qikteg View Post
    hey guys,

I'm in tha planning stages of v2.0 of my b-series swap, and i'm trying to plan this one out a bit better. (FYI B16a2 into DA3 integra)

I used the hasport AVB-1 mounts kit, and used a b18a (s1?) cable gearbox in v1.0. everything bolted up fine, no dramas.

In v2.0, i want to use a matching hydro gearbox out of a delsol, EM1 or EK4, (basically the factory matching gearbox for a b16a2)

Are the gearbox casings for the hydro box the same as a cable box? ie. will i be able to use the existing transmission mount/rail bracket from AVB-1, or will i need to buy an entirely different mount/bracket to suit the hydro?

So also, i understand that I need to use a cable-to-hydro adaptor, which hasport or innovative have. but i'm not sure what i would use. I think it might be this:

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/a...ch/efbhcl.html

or maybe this:

http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=41000

Is there a difference?

thanks guys
    Use EM1 or EK4 box as they have much better ratios than EG2 boxes. (Or 98 DC2R)
    You'll need a new clutch as the Hydro input shaft is 1mm bigger in diameter.
    The mount on the gearbox will need to be replaced.
    The front mount to the cross member becomes redundant (not present on Hydro box)
    & use the Innovative change kit with master cyl etc.
    The Hasport mechanical link is notoriously unreliable & cable stretch is the norm.
    (also lucky you have the DA Teg, cause the cable is stronger then the EF Civic/Crx)
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

seems like there is a lot of work. What is the benefit of using a hydrolic gearbox?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    more precise shifting
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Account Disabled Array
    Parts availability

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    You can shove all your hydro gears into the cable gearbox housing. Save you buying a new mount and clutch conversion.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    seems like a good thread to post this in.... With gearbox talk and all

will the LSD from Y1 cable box from jdm EF9. fit into a Hydraulic S4C EK4 box?
    Vince

Quote Originally Posted by gen2 CRX View Post
    You can shove all your hydro gears into the cable gearbox housing. Save you buying a new mount and clutch conversion.
    Have you done this? Buying a new clutch disc isn't very expensive. Finding new shims for your gearbox and grinding away the internals to fit your diff probably isn't very fun.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    if ur talkina me i wana go the otherway cable LSD into Hydraulic just the LSD without changing the rest... Lol or will it hav to mbe the lot...
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    I think string was replying to the post above yours. a hydro housing gearset is not a direct fit into a cable housing, there are protrusions etc that get in the way so you need to grind off bits here and there. Probably ends up easier just going for the hydro conversion and the other benefits that this brings.

Riviera, what kind of LSD? aftermarket or factory? some aftermarket LSDs are compatible but not sure about factory. not that I have been much help with your question but if you wanna sell the cable box, I am in the market...
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    well im in brisbane aye cost a bit to get it down there lol and yea i think its factory unless sum1 in japland upgraded i havnt cracked the box to find out yet.... PM us a offer on the box we only pulled the motor and box out 2 weeks ago it was a mates
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3 Integra
    hmm, good feedback from OP.

I think for the purposes of the exercise, I'll stick with the cable box i have. When it comes time to upgrade the motor/gearbox combination, i'll consider switching the hydro. What i've got at the moment will work as is, as opposed to spending at least $1g getting mounts, adaptors, hydro box and new clutch.
    You never go ass to mouth!