Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6

Return of the Power to weight ratio for p platers? Man, vicroads are so dumb......

i know this aint a new topic but since its a newish article.....

well i wouldnt mind the return of the power to weight ratio in victoria, it means that less p platers driving s2000 lol

whether they it be power to weight ratio or the no v8/turbo/supercharge laws etc, both aint perfect and need tweaking....

btw victorian p platers...

under current laws, vicroads want u to drive a lotus elise but ur not allowed to drive a 1.4L holden cruze or a small 77kw golf lol.... so all the p platers out there, its time to save up for an elise! lol

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...327-1cbxb.html

so is this the return of the power to weight ratio?
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

also keep in mind that they aren't putting safety features into the equation, one could argue you would be probably safer off crashing at a high speed in a new amg merc as opposed to a old VL/VN commodore. (not that anyone is recommended to do so) there was actually an article not long ago where this rich girls parents bought her a 200k merc, cops pulled her over and fined her for driving overpower vehicle on Ps, then they bought her a corolla to meet the requirements. I believe they took it to the courts as the merc, although powerful, is probably a million times safer than the corolla.

I think power to weight ratio makes the most sense, as essentially the government is trying to keep P platers away from powerful cars, again there are flaws such as dc5r/ep3r/s2k where they produce as much power as S13s S14s turbos. then like you say restraining people from 1.4L cruzes. They should also take car safety into consideration, so people who can get better cars don't end up with shitboxes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    doubt the power to weight ratio would come into effect again, considering that alot of the affordable and cheap cars are turbo, it makes sense to keep this rule in check, its easy to up the power on turbo, cooler, boost controller as such an bam! 20-30% increase
    I say stick to the current rules
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    how about both sets of rules.

im on my full licence so i dont really care, haha.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Government and Common sense.

They ARE mutually exclusive you know....

Imma save up for a Caterham R500 just for lols.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

just have a list of banned turbo cars, and give them out when people are obtaining their Ls and Ps

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    just have a list of banned turbo cars, and give them out when people are obtaining their Ls and Ps
    that list will take like 50 focus groups and 100 million dollars... and 10 years to make.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post

This
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9

3rd that ^^^^^
    , i think l and p platers should have more training,too many tools on the road, ohh and when u hit 65 you should have to resit the test.........

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol/cbr250r

4th this!!! the rules make it cheaper for me/us full licenced people to buy turbo'd cars

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    None of it makes sense. The Gen2 CRX SiR is legal under both circumstances. It makes 117.9kw at just under a tonne of weight. It has a 1/5 star safety rating and is a very dangerous car. And I love it

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    None of it makes sense. The Gen2 CRX SiR is legal under both circumstances. It makes 117.9kw at just under a tonne of weight. It has a 1/5 star safety rating and is a very dangerous car. And I love it
    LOL FUNNY KID HAHA. Im on my P's i could care less either way. One i hate v8s so annoying and a 300zx tt/supra tt drain alot of fuel so even tho there nice cars running them would be a bitch.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.