Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra

Injen CAI install dc5

Hi all

(for a dc5 base)

just doing a bit of reading on the injen cai and found this guide on clubrsx and wanted to know from people who have actually done it do you need to cut your fender and take the bumper off or is it a straight, remove the old box and bolt the new intake on?

cheers guys

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    You dont need to take off your front bumper at all.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    ahh cool what about cutting fenderwell?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Needs to be cut, but you can make a couple of incisions and just fold / bend it over instead of hacking it out. Also, you don't HAVE to remove the bumper, but it's not that hard to do and makes installing it easier.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    cool thanks mate, I'm pretty new to all this so I'm treading lightly.. is it going to worth the money though? i read here that for best results you should go lightened flywheel and hd clutch but i dont want to do that until i need one or the other...

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Needs slight cutting for it to work properly

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by new2teg View Post
    cool thanks mate, I'm pretty new to all this so I'm treading lightly.. is it going to worth the money though? i read here that for best results you should go lightened flywheel and hd clutch but i dont want to do that until i need one or the other...
    It's worth the money bro no doubt on that, my cousin has a DC5 base model with Injen CAI and it sounds so sexy at vtec.

Nah bro your clutch must be still pretty good, get exhaust/intake and if your clutch still seems good then get headers. Then after your clutch will start to slip.

After you get clutch and flywheel, make sure invest on harder engine mounts, because oem ones will break.

And change small things like spark plug leads, spark plugs to irridiums, get better quality oils and shit

After all that you will be a very happy owner, good luck.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    thanks dc2-pwr thats the best bit of advice i've had! i've been reading a lot and but its nice to have it in said in a simple way. might order the injen when some money starts coming in...

just to clarify it (and myself as a noob?) if i go cai and exhaust my clutch will start slipping because of the upgrades? hence needing to go to hd clutch?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by new2teg View Post
    thanks dc2-pwr thats the best bit of advice i've had! i've been reading a lot and but its nice to have it in said in a simple way. might order the injen when some money starts coming in...

just to clarify it (and myself as a noob?) if i go cai and exhaust my clutch will start slipping because of the upgrades? hence needing to go to hd clutch?
    All good bro,

no its just that extra power is different from factory specs, and those factory parts can make that 'factory clutch' last that certain time,

with that extra power your chances to make the clutch slip is good, remember were all high-revs top end and with that power changing gears, it puts a lot of stress on the stock clutch. making it easier to slip

but were not talking about a 500kw gain here, injen cai is a good 5-10kw gain, exhaust another 5k-10kw, headers go from 8kw - 20kw,

i dont think my info is written anywhere because its mainly from experaince, i had a few cars with mods and stuff and its mainly why my clutch slipped quicker, because of mods.

hope i made sense
    good luck
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    cheers mate thanks for your help i've got a bit of a plan now