Thread: Prelude Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS

Prelude Exhaust

Im looking at a exhaust, i dont want a cannon.

I was looking at a custom exhaust but ive found some other aftermarket exhausts

I drive a 1998 Prelude VTIR ATTS and i was after a loud and deep sound

For the custom exhaust i was looking at a mandrell bend 2.5" pipe with a twin tip

and for off the shelf was thinking either the greddy evo 2 system or a twin loop system

wat do u reckon?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    depends on the sort of style and note you want... tanabe hyper medallion is another nice one imo

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    this has been covered a fair bit - search and youtube are your freind
    Fujitsubo also make nice kits

how do you find the ATTS on your VTIR? make much difference?
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Lucky u, i just got my piping done on tuesday. I went 2.25" mild steel with 1 hotdog resonator and a Varex muffler.

I was having lots of trouble deciding betwen 2.25 and 2.5... I ended up chosing 2.25 because i do enjoy the extra midrange torque. I'm not a track warrior or anything, so a 2.5 would be a bit unnecessary and i'd lose driveability.

It sounds bloody awesome IMO. Its loud and deep when i have the exahust open. I'll get a sound clip going soon when i get it all wired up.

also, xforce make a full prelude catback, if you're interested in that.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    It's fairly common to run a 3" non-Mandrel bent system on a standard H22A and have an optimal result, throw a Glasspack on the back.. Any exhaust shop can whip that up

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    wtf 3?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    wtf 3?
    That's what i said lol.

And as living proof, i have a friend with a 2000 'Lude.. 2.5" non-mandrel bent exhaust, 14" Resonator w/ Glasspack Muffler.
    It's VERY restrictive, you can practically hear the engine choking to death.. Lol
    Ofcourse this resulted in a huge drone at low RPMs, and definantly a top-end power loss..
    He now has plugs, leads, and a high-flow ceramic cat.. He should be on 3" non-mandrel, or atleast a 2 1/2 mandrel (The difference between bending techniques has a huge impact on flow)

So, OP.. an off the shelf 2.5" Mandrel will work a charm for you
    Last edited by Jccck; 09-05-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i have a 2.5" on a tuned D15b7 and the difference between this and the 2.25" is barely noticeable if at all

for the h22 personally i would go 2.5" with a nice glasspack muffler

keep clear of xforce headers for the bb6 - theres an issue with them cracking near the lower mount

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    i have a 2.5" on a tuned D15b7 and the difference between this and the 2.25" is barely noticeable if at all

for the h22 personally i would go 2.5" with a nice glasspack muffler

keep clear of xforce headers for the bb6 - theres an issue with them cracking near the lower mount
    IIRC, a 2.5" Exhaust has 44% more flow potential than a 2" Exhaust.. 2.25 to 2.5 should be noticable depending on how restrictive the 2.25 is to begin with

I've heard this too about the xforce headers! If you're keen you can always have the exhaust shop weld a brace between the upper and lower flanges.. Should limit the vibrations that crack the welds in the first place

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Agreed, a 2.5 or even 60mm is good on H22a, 3inch if u want more top end power, heck ive got a 2.5 on my d16, the difference in top end compared to oem is noticeable! Low end suffers, but not to the degree where its un-drivable, everyone says not to run a 2.5 obviously never had a 2.5 system on there 1.6! freakin sheeps LOL
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    yeah i was suprised - the loss in low end was almost nothing - everyone overhyped it lawl