Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B18CR EG

X-bar = legal or defect?

hey guys

i own a EG hatch

stripped rear.....

i want something in the back x-bar/cage

any ideas/suggestion and if legal or not?

JDM-BOY

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    I've never heard of a 2point strut brace (front or rear) being illegal.. Can't see why the X wouldn't be fine =)
    IIRC though, the upper B Pillar Braces (Usually between standard seatbelt bolt points) requires engineering.. Regardless of whether you retain stock seatbelts or go a harness

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Ask Mango, think he got defected for having a rear xbar.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    If it requires the rear seats to be removed it needs to be registered as a 2 seater, otherwise you can get defected for that. If it mounts around the strut tower area I don't see why it should be a defect if a strut brace isnt

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    the police will defect it as they will say it obstructs the view out the back.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B18CR EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    the police will defect it as they will say it obstructs the view out the back.
    thats so bs =="

rear im ripping out my rear seats sat/sun if nice weather
    i got a rear strut comming in how its gonna b a little empty in the rear so i wanted to put a x bar

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6
    did someone say XBAR AND STRIPPED SEATS!? here's what mine used to look like:

i got defected for the B-pillar, and not having rear seats and also not having any interior. there was nothing about xbar?
    Last edited by mrmango; 11-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    All about mango CLICK CLICK! http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-i-m-mango-%29

OH OH! and REP me if i post something useful

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    I don't see how a x bar obstructs view compared with a mesh dog barrier of standard spoilers on alot of cars. Not to mention high end cars with tiny windows. But police will probably still try and pin it on you and you can't fight them. I'm pretty sure a gt3 comes with a cage from the factory but Porsche probably have some special approval to do it

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    I don't see how a x bar obstructs view compared with a mesh dog barrier of standard spoilers on alot of cars. Not to mention high end cars with tiny windows. But police will probably still try and pin it on you and you can't fight them. I'm pretty sure a gt3 comes with a cage from the factory but Porsche probably have some special approval to do it
    those high end cars come with variable exhaust valves (to adjust exhaust sound) but VAREX is illegal ...
    so really the legal system is setup so only ballers in hi-end cars can have this gear lawl

if you cant get away with an x-brace i would look into something like the Ultra Racing 4-point rear strut brace - its a good bit of kit
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    anything non standard is a defectable item guys. plain and simple
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    If you rip out the seats and interior of your Honda Civic, the implication is that you're driving dangerously on public roads. Of course you're going to get defected. Anybody driving a track car on the street is suspicious.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    xbar isn't defectable. aslong as you retain seats and interior.

You can have anything obstructing the rear windows. for examples look at vans. They dont even have rear windows.
    Which is also why its only legal to have extra dark tint on the front 2 windows and the front window.

~King Of Spam~