CL9 Cruise Control problem?

I'm not sure if it's just me or I am doing something wrong.

Recently purchased CL9 and it's such a good car. But lately, I have been having trouble trying to get cruise control to work. I have been able to get it work in the past a few times but it's getting harder to activate.

I press the cruise control button and then hold down the button to set it but it doesn't become set. I am going at minimum 50-60km when I'm doing this but can rarely get it to set. Have tried a number of times to set it but on the odd occasion it will set. I am pretty sure I am going fast enough. I have tried when I have had on the accelerator and when it's off but I couldn't seem to set it for some reason.

Anyone have any ideas? I have been able to set it before but for some reason now I can't!

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    Are you holding the set button down or just giving it a firm press? Because the set button is also the slow down / coast button, so if you are holding the button down it will keep slowing down.

There are two green lights in the instrument cluster for the cruise control. One is illuminated when there cruise control is on but not activated, and the second light will also come on when you activate/set the cruise control. Are you seeing any of these lights on?

Ollie

I have found that I have to press it longer....for like 5 secs to set the cruise control. I know i need to press two buttons, one is the cruise button and then 'set' to set it at the speed i want. I have to hold 'set' for a fairly long time to get it to set. I will try again on the way home tonight.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    You shouldn't need to hold the 'set' button for a coupe of seconds. You should only need to press it like the 'cruise' button

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    I find that i just leave the cruise on all the time, and only set it when i need to. When i do 'set' i only press the button for a split second.

Never ever had any problems this way.
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Only need to press it once, there is no need to hold the set button. Is your foot touching the brake pedal? Has the brake switch loosened such that the brake light is always on?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    I'm having problems with the CC now intermittently. I know it works it's just that something is causing it not to activate. I tried using my foot pulling the clutch and/or brake pedal upwards, then it works but not all the time. So I'm guessing something to do with one or both of the pedals are not fully back in the up position.
    I think i read somewhere either Aaron or someone mentioned of the pedals need adjusting.

Is this correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    The brake switch which is located behind the brake pedal arm can sometimes stick causing the brake lights to be active.

My understanding is that if there is current sent to the brake light the cruise control cuts, try checking around this area for any signs of sticking/gunk/etc.
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    my euro is starting to play up with the cruise control. sometimes i need to spam it to get the cruise control to get set. annoying me at the moment. wdfeck is going on!?!? my father is the only one that uses cruise control and now its playing up. hmmm

Ive had this issue before, started at first going on and off intermittently, then one day it totally packed it and wouldn't set anymore. After replacing the clutch pedal assembly inside the cabin of the car, its come back on and is working fine.

Might of been that the pedal may have warped, or loosened causing the computer to think that the clutch pedal isn't fully disengaged, thus stopping cruise control from activating.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    OK, it's time to look into this problem again. Cruise Control 'Set' button has not worked for a very long time. I have replaced the brake switch because it was faulty, thinking also this could be the issue. Still no good.
    What's else can I try to get this working again? Prefer not to send to Honda for now.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012EuroLux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro1011 View Post
    OK, it's time to look into this problem again. Cruise Control 'Set' button has not worked for a very long time. I have replaced the brake switch because it was faulty, thinking also this could be the issue. Still no good.
    What's else can I try to get this working again? Prefer not to send to Honda for now.
    I had EXACT same problem. Unfortunately I had to get dealer to fix it. "only" $300 to replace the cluster of buttons on the steering wheel.