Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Soon to be DC2R

Help purchasing dc2r with a rear hub problem.

Hi guys, this is my first thread, but i have been reading a tonne of info and learning alot off ozhonda so decided to join.

Ive been searching for a dc2r for over a year now and finding it hard to find a clean one for around the 15k mark. Most are racking up kms (i know high kms if maintained well is fine, but these are not), with scrappy logbooks if any and abit scruffed by the wear and tear.

I have found a Milano Red dc2r and turns out i know the guy selling it. Hes an honest bloke and showed me around the car, which surprisingly ive found fairly clean. 125k on the clock and paint decently maintained considering its m.r. Stock as a rock with only a mugen pod. Problem is the back right tire has moved inwards slightly and the car is out of alignment because of it. The owner said he has taken it to many mechanics and they all say its the Hub. If i can find the hub i will purchase this type r as the owner himself claims he cant find one and thats why he hasnt fixed it. Went for a spin and motor is immaculate. Wanting to kow if anyone has seen this part (HUB) around or knows how much it would cost? Hes asking for $14500 and i think its a great price as he has logs, OEM parts and a great car all up.

Any respones would be much appreciated thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    just go to honda ask for a price and add labour on that and reduce it from his asking price

car is not roadworthy to sell if the hub is damaged

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    does the price also include the repair bill? $14500 is asking alot for a car with a problem, most dc2r that is in working conditions go for that price

If it is indeed the actual hub, it will be $$$$ from honda, if its the hub bearings, ur in luck it wont be as much

If ur good with a spanner, u can prbs swap out the hub urself and save ur self a good 300 worth of labor charges

Try repco, they can usually sus out anything for you, regardless of being a non OEM product

BTW u cant use DC2 hub as there 4 by 100 and DC2r are either 4 by 114.3 or 5 by 114.3
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Soon to be DC2R
    Yeh thanks guys, nah asking was 14500 i got it down to 12500 (because turns out hes a friend of a friend). Nah its deffs not the bearing, its gone too far in. Im just afraid that if i buy it then fix the hub and the hub doesnt resolve the problem, i might aswell have gone for something that was abit more then what i paid for without problems. I mean its a really clean car otherwise and thats what annoys me. Theres been 3 owners (hes third) and logs are up to date, however the 2nd owner didnt tell this guy about the problem and sold it like that. He realised when he done his wheel aligning. And yeh he said he found vtir ones and couldnt fit them as theyr 4 stud. I heard the crv bearings actually fit the dc2r aswell? Btw has anyone got any idea of other type r's for sale and what i should be paying? Redbook says one thing and carsales shows another. Thanks for the posts

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    the chasis is bent from hitting a gutter in that rear hub area
    or a control arm

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    Yeah i'd stay away from it. You've spent a year finding one, i'm sure you can be a little bit more patient.

And even if you replace the hub and everything, there still might be some damage elsewhere. i.e bent chassis like 90LAN mentioned.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Soon to be DC2R
    Yeh cheers guys, im going to call honda tomorow and see how much it would cost and if i can get the type r for a fantastic price then i might consider if not, ill add that one to the couldve been list and keep searching Sucks when people dont appreciate the dc2r they have.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Don't be drama queens!
    It sounds like a good unit,take it to your local Honda workshop for an assesment.Its only a matter of replacing the suspect part,can't be that hard,for an expert anyway not just keyboard jockeys.
    Imagine if you already owned a perfect example and tweeked the rear suspension yourself,would you then regard your car as "one to stay away from "I really don't think so.

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Don't be drama queens!
    It sounds like a good unit,take it to your local Honda workshop for an assesment.Its only a matter of replacing the suspect part,can't be that hard,for an expert anyway not just keyboard jockeys.
    Imagine if you already owned a perfect example and tweeked the rear suspension yourself,would you then regard your car as "one to stay away from "I really don't think so.
    It's not that simple.. its a dc2r.. a highly engineered car.. you don't want to drive a car like this with alignment problems.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Soon to be DC2R
    So i called Honda today (blacktown and parra) and both do not have the part. However if they did it would cost 380 (just to know how much i should be paying from wreckers). Also called jap wreck (smithfield, this place is awesome and i would always recommend to anyone who has a jap car) however for the first time ever they did not have what i was after. Then called a few other jap wreckers and none could find it. As soon as i said dc2r they looked at me differently ahah. So, through thorough research and opinions, i have to say no to the cheapest dc2r for its condition ive ever come by, due to a risk in the alignment of the car and difficulty in buying a car with such a problem O well plenty (863 to be exact) fish in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    the chasis is bent from hitting a gutter in that rear hub area
    or a control arm
    This ^

You're the buyer. Anything suspicious, walk away.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    if the trailing arm and the caliper mounting is the same as a vtir then you can swap over the 5 stud from your car.
    OEM parts whore