Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI

Engineering 4 Point Harness and Sparco seat

Hey guys,

Ive spoken to a few people about this. I have just installed a 4 Point Harness and a Sparco Bucket seat into my DC2. The Harness is using the rear seatbelt anchor points with forged eyelets to clip onto and the Seat is using my standard DC2 rail with a coulp of adaptor plates. Is there any reason why i wouldnt pass and engineering certifiacte. Note: The eyelets for the front mounting of the harness have replaced the standard bolts for the driver side seatbelt so i still have the original front seatbelt in the car.
    Also, whats the legality on changing and SRS steering wheel to a non SRS aftermarket system

Thanks
    JOE
    We dont live, if we dont feel alive .

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    i think the belts would be hard cos they dont retract, so in a roll over incident ull be stuck up right position and if the roof caves in its more likely to crush ur head and spine.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3 & 02 EP3 CIVICS
    The vehicle is required to be fitted with belts and anchorages meeting the requirements of ADR 4.03 & 5.04
    You will note that the requirement is for reel type belts that offer upper torso restraint
    If you want to fit additional belts they should at least perform as expected
    Anchorages need to be positioned and as shown in ADR5.04 and be of a strength as specified in ADR5.04
    Belts need to be of a standard and marked as shown in ADR4.03, i.e Meeting ADR2596 or European standard

29/3/10 Wakefield Park - 1.13.945 - EP3 - I / H / E

├┼┼┐
    246 R

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.teg View Post
    Also, whats the legality on changing and SRS steering wheel to a non SRS aftermarket system
    It is illegal to remove the steering wheel airbag or any airbags, i would suggest maybe a DC2R one?
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC2, 93 EG VTI
    thanks for all the help guys. In regards to the aftermarket steering wheel, didnt a certain year of the dc2r come out with a non airbag steering wheel??
    We dont live, if we dont feel alive .

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.teg View Post
    thanks for all the help guys. In regards to the aftermarket steering wheel, didnt a certain year of the dc2r come out with a non airbag steering wheel??
    only japanese 96 spec dc2r came with non air bag steering wheel
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com