Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Question Best exhaust for dc5r?

what exhaust do you think sounds the best, and which one gives most gains? im thinking of getting one soon for mine, thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDlS5BW4x0
    have a look at that, personally id go for the Fujitsubo RM01A popular exhaust, sounds great not too loud and decent gains
    other people would probably help you out more with the gains side of things =D goodluck

and hardly getting any help

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Powergetter by fujistubo... I wouldnt bother with an rm01a..

Dont get the spoon n1.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Mugen Twin loop.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    It's all pretty much personal preference. The difference in gains is minimal, most will give around similar gains, some will just be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Powergetter by fujistubo... I wouldnt bother with an rm01a..

Dont get the spoon n1.
    Both are good, Spoon N1 looks close to stock though but its bloody LOUD!

Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Mugen Twin loop.
    Agreed, subtle and sounds great... Cost for some out of reach..

I have an X-Force Straight system (With Cat) to a 4 Inch Cannon, surprinsly not to loud, didn't pay a large amount of $$$.. Clearance isnt to bad either

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Fujitsubo PowerGetter sounds really good. Not overly loud and has a nice deep tone

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by BLV-27J View Post
    and hardly getting any help
    there is a lot of available info with a quick search without the need to make so many new threads like "what coilover is best, which gives most gains" etcetc. You should do this first to avoid any "noob flaming", catbacks are a taste modification in terms of looks and sound, look at videos and make your decision...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by stevanbonic View Post
    catbacks are a taste modification in terms of looks and sound, look at videos and make your decision...
    Exactly what I did for 6months, just look on youtube at what exhaust sounds awesome to me. Then read reviews, then called people.

Then I found out that the Exhaust is rare to be a second hand one, or if you want brand new its way too much $$$$.

BUT one day it popped up and I bought it.

So its your taste and not others, whichever quality prefab exhaust sounds good to you then get it. And what M@lew said is correct "The difference in gains is minimal". So all exhausts will give you near the same gains.

Good luck and start searching
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

If youre looking for power, the exhaust with the least amount of bends in it will provide the best flow. Look at pictures to determine this. Ive got a Js Racing 60RS on my DC5R, I love it but it wasnt cheap... Exhaust diameter is also important depending on the application. You see some clowns with 3"+ catbacks on an otherwise stock car. Its overkill for an NA 2L 4cyl. In my opinion 2.25-2.5" is optimal. You should also view catback upgrades as only part of the package.

Power is hard to come by on NA cars, and can often be expensive for the gains compared to your turbo imports. You should aim to couple your new catback with a less restrictive header and cat as well. Adding a less restrictive catback wont help exhaust flow a great deal if it is being restricted by the header.
    Last edited by Nuci; 18-05-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.