Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Well... I guess you've got no hope then...

Oh Shiiiet!! low shot Rob haha, guess Honda Nats will tell

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by stevanbonic View Post
    Oh Shiiiet!! low shot Rob haha, guess Honda Nats will tell
    I have one of these 2.5k exhausts that you guys speak of, I got a muffler with mine though, makes it pretty quiet. I liked it so much I bought another similar exhaust as a garage ornament. Anyone at Honda Nationals is welcome to compare the performance of my overpriced junk with their own DC5 .

Quote Originally Posted by l__i__l View Post
    dont forget an expensive suspension wont make u automatically quick

out on track i've seen stock cars embarass drivers with $5k+ suspension setups

but anyway plz dont waste ur money on a 2.5k catback. you will regret it when u grow up
    I don't regret it. Maybe I had already grown up before I purchased it.

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    I have one of these 2.5k exhausts that you guys speak of, I got a muffler with mine though, makes it pretty quiet. I liked it so much I bought another similar exhaust as a garage ornament. Anyone at Honda Nationals is welcome to compare the performance of my overpriced junk with their own DC5 .
    it wasn't so quiet when i heard it at Superlap! hard to compare performance when someone runs 275 hoosiers hehe

nah urs doesnt count. u do like 1000kms a year and 600 of them are getting to n from racetracks....

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197

But...

What suspension are you running?
    What rims are you running?
    What tyres are you running?
    What do you use the car for?
    What ECU do you have?

The users on this forum that can answer these questions know that your exhaust is warranted.

I read Watajk's build thread earlier today
    Tossing up if he should get Buddyclub N+ or Tein Monoflex coilovers
    Running VS-XX (Or simular)
    Couldn’t find any specs
    Mostly road use with "possible" Track use
    OEM ECU

You can see that a $2.5k cat back exhaust isn't exactly... the best next move.

Watajk: This isn’t an attack at you, or the mods you have performed to your car, just using it as an example.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    But...

What suspension are you running?
    What rims are you running?
    What tyres are you running?
    What do you use the car for?
    What ECU do you have?

The users on this forum that can answer these questions know that your exhaust is warranted.

I read Watajk's build thread earlier today
    Tossing up if he should get Buddyclub N+ or Tein Monoflex coilovers
    Running VS-XX (Or simular)
    Couldn’t find any specs
    Mostly road use with "possible" Track use
    OEM ECU

You can see that a $2.5k cat back exhaust isn't exactly... the best next move.

Watajk: This isn’t an attack at you, or the mods you have performed to your car, just using it as an example.
    True. And honestly I don't think the Amuse R1 or the J's 70RR or anything similar are the best exhausts for the DC5 by anyone's definition. Beautifully made and a good sound along with very light weight but not perfect. For street use I would prefer a stainless 3" with a few mufflers in it, for track a 70mm titanium straight pipe. Although this wouldn't be acceptable at CAMS events that require a muffler, but it would be fun until you got black flagged.

Can anyone recommend their preferred exhaust fabricators? I think a lot of the bias against custom work comes from people going to their local crappy muffler shop and being disappointed. There is no reason a local welder can't make something just as high quality as the JDM stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by l__i__l View Post
    nah urs doesnt count. u do like 1000kms a year and 600 of them are getting to n from racetracks....
    I have done somewhere around 60-70,000kms since I put my Amuse exhaust on, you're right though I hardly drive it these days .

All exhausts, basically the same thing on a Honda. You probably have a difference of around 5kw between all of them!
    Unless you went Forced Induction, then you would want to invest in some hectic exhaust. Also, imo... the tuning is the most important to get the most out of your exhausts, you can buy an Amuse R1, and I'll keep my power getter, and run my kpro again, pretty sure my dc5 would be much better more responsive

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    There is some guy selling 3 K-Pro's over on ClubITR...

*COUGH COUGH*

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    The DC5 one is already sold though

I have a tuned Kpro, and from my experience, it is THE BEST modification for a K-series engine. Anyone who has one will agree with me. If you spend 2.5k on an exhaust without a Kpro, you're more or less spending 2.5k for a better sound, not much more. And at the end of the day you make mods with the intention of making the car better don't you? If all you want is a nice sound, most exhaust/header combos will provide that. Don't need to spend a fortune doing it. The people on here who actually OWN DC5s are talking from their own experiences, you should use it to your advantage.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

how much can i get a k-pro for? brand new

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 civic vti-R
    Personally i've always loved the buddy club pro spec 2, but some people find it a tad loud.