Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amuse r1 titan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Lol you wont last a week without a defect with a 70RR.
    LOL.... i figured that but exhaust has won me over, nothing else does it for me... honestly... sounds so beautifull...
    Ill just try not to VTEC =)

Amuse R1 Titan is a good exhaust aswell as daniel mentioned

in regards to 70RR, do police even check if it's a header back?

AND.. I think this goes with all Honda's but changing a catback won't do too much in terms of power difference.
    I think that in terms of 'best' exhaust something light, such as the titanium Amuse exhausts would be good.
    But that's paying like $2.5k for some weight reduction and a minute power gain.

Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    in regards to 70RR, do police even check if it's a header back?

AND.. I think this goes with all Honda's but changing a catback won't do too much in terms of power difference.
    I think that in terms of 'best' exhaust something light, such as the titanium Amuse exhausts would be good.
    But that's paying like $2.5k for some weight reduction and a minute power gain.
    That $2.5k in my eyes is money well spent as i know i've done it once and done it right.
    Made the mistake once, not making it again =)

If youve got your heart set on a 70rr, be prepared to wait for it. Unless they're in stock, you're looking at a 6+ month wait with the situation in Japan at the moment. Add that to the fact that the modifying scene in Japan is dying and companies are going broke (eg Apexi) and it makes things worse. I waited 5 months for my J's 60RS catback and that was before the earthquake
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

If youve got your heart set on a 70rr, be prepared to wait for it. Unless they're in stock, you're looking at a 6+ month wait with the situation in Japan at the moment. Add that to the fact that the modifying scene in Japan is dying and companies are going broke (eg Apexi) and it makes things worse. I waited 5 months for my J's 60RS catback and that was before the earthquake
    WOW... 5 months? are you sure...
    I was about to order a toda catback for an s2000, and Toda Australia was saying it will take about 2 weeks even with the situation over there.

and hmm.. not to sure about apexi going broke, but I know that ARC are!

Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    WOW... 5 months? are you sure...
    I was about to order a toda catback for an s2000, and Toda Australia was saying it will take about 2 weeks even with the situation over there.

and hmm.. not to sure about apexi going broke, but I know that ARC are!
    Yeah but that 2 weeks is probably due to the fact that toda Japan has them in stock, or at least has the materials to make the exhaust in stock.

Js Racing, like many other Japanese tuning companies, are really struggling at the moment. When I ordered my catback, to cut a long story short, J's Japan had none of the mufflers in stock, and that caused a huge delay. They were unable to get the materials for it for ages.

Can u gimme a video of ur 60RR please? U run a cat or no cat? (i've seen the video of exhausts, but i wanna hear it from ur car if its cool)
    I doubt 5 months, more likely 3 months

Cheers

^^^ RR's mean it's a headerback. so it's a straight pipe all the way through.
    but he has the 60RS, not 60RR lol

The difference between the RS and RR models as dlai said is the muffler. In the RS there is one, in the RR there isn't. There is also no resonator in the RR, but there is in the RS. Im running no cat in my exhaust, and have had flanges put on the resonator so it can be removed whenever I like. At the moment it's out, replaced by a straight pipe.

With no cat and no resonator the exhaust is loud, but not stupid. Take out the muffler and then it'll be crazy loud. Also bear in mind if you run a decat system you're going to have issues with CELs. Only way to guarrantee you won't get a CEL with a decat system is to run a kpro. That's what ive got.

Unless you've got a built engine, I would avoid a 70rr. It'll sound nuts but you're going to lose power because there will be no back pressure in the exhaust, which a cat, resonator and muffler usually provide. If you pm me a mobile number I can mms a sound clip to you.

The difference between the RS and RR models as dlai said is the muffler. In the RS there is one, in the RR there isn't. There is also no resonator in the RR, but there is in the RS. Im running no cat in my exhaust, and have had flanges put on the resonator so it can be removed whenever I like. At the moment it's out, replaced by a straight pipe.

With no cat and no resonator the exhaust is loud, but not stupid. Take out the muffler and then it'll be crazy loud. Also bear in mind if you run a decat system you're going to have issues with CELs. Only way to guarrantee you won't get a CEL with a decat system is to run a kpro. That's what ive got.

Unless you've got a built engine, I would avoid a 70rr. It'll sound nuts but you're going to lose power because there will be no back pressure in the exhaust, which a cat, resonator and muffler usually provide. If you pm me a mobile number I can mms a sound clip to you.
    Wouldn't run de-cat as im not going to get a $10,000 fine thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Why not just get a "custom" 3' exhaust if you don't want to run a cat/resinator/muffler?