Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

Front Strut Bar Installation GD3 (xforce style strut bars)

I saw some people asking about this so i thought i would try get some browny points here on OzHonda and make this Tutorial.

You will need:
    A Rattle Gun
    A Drill and correct size drill bit
    4 Bolts (the right size and high tensile)
    4 Nuts (high tensile, lock nuts recommended)
    4 washers to fit (optional)

1)
    Remove the black stickers that cover the holes on the side of the engine bay.
    - they are in front and of to the side of the strut tops in the engine bay, 2 either side.
    Left Side Of Car

Right Side Of Car

Notice there are wires on the Right hand side u may need to cut the cable tier that holds them down so u can move them around
    And also notice that one of the holes on the right is square.

2)
    Now u may of also noticed that the holes in the struts are much larger than the ones on the car.

this means that you will have to drill the 3 circular holes out to the right size (in my case 12mm)
    It's important not to drill the square one out, yet
    you may also want to put silicone in the holes you drilled out to prevent rust from the exposed surface.

3)
    Now undo the strut bar ends from the centre bar to make them loose, place the ends over the top of the 3 drilled out holes ,
    then put a bolt through the bottom of the holes by putting your hand through the bottom of the mudguards,
    secure the bolt by attaching a nut to the top (don't do them up all the way), might be an idea to use lock nuts and washers in between

4)
    With that complete, tighten the centre bar bolts back to the ends,
    then tighten the nuts with a rattle gun - so that the ends are securely fixed down.
    might want to even line the edge with silicone to give it a bit extra and make it water sealed.

5)
    With all bolts tightened, the last hole in the strut bar end should be perfectly lined up with the remaining square hole.
    so you should be able to put the drill down there and drill the square hole out to the right size circular one, and it will be perfectly lined.
    throw some silicone down there if u wish, and put the next bolt in from through the mudguard and screw a nut on top, then you can use a rattle gun to tighten it.

That's it. You should be ready to go.

Last edited by GU357; 21-05-2011 at 01:39 PM.