Wink DC5 fuel filter replacement (with Pics)

Hey Guys, seen a couple of people talk about this topic, so i thought i would show everyone how to do it WITHOUT a honda special tool.

Note: this was demonstrated on a Integra Type S

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Fuel Filter replacment (part of 80,000 klm service)
    Required: 10mm socket and ratchet (quarter drive ideal), Phillips head screw driver, hammer and flat blade screw driver/ or small pry bar.

Steps: refer pics
    Other comments

remove rear seat (lower section) 10mm bolt and 2 clips

To remove seat from these clips simply pull straight up (once 10mm bolt has been removed).

Remove metal cover and harness plug

Remove these 4 screws to get to harness plug and fuel connection

Harness plug

This is what you should be left with!! to remove fuel connection squeeze clip and pull on fuel line

Gently tap the Black retaining nut counter clockwise, untill it can be undone my hand, be carefull not to cut yourself as the metal edges are sharp, i use rags to avoid this, as shown.

This is what you should be left with once out of the tank, be carefull when removing not to damage the fuel level sender unit. You can also see the new filter on the left.

Another angle

Undo the pressure reg fitting (note 2 orings are supplied, these are slightly different sizes)

remove the 2 connectors on old unit

remove this pin from housing, be carefull not to snap this, I have seen it done before!!

Swap the black sealing ring, and fuel connector clip, Also remove hose going to pump, similar clip to pressure reg (make sure these are on properly when re installing them, or they will blow off under pressure!!)

This is not a complicated job, just make sure you carefully look at the assembly before dismantling it, and make sure everything goes back into its original location.

To reinstall this unit, it is just reverse order of removal, If you are not 100% sure about doing this, then best leave it to a mechanic or confident friend

good luck!
    Last edited by Mattski_VTIR; 22-05-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Great write up
    I'll be doing my fuel filter this weekend.

For those in the south western suburbs looking to buy a fuel filter, they're $118 at Peter Warren Honda.
    I was quoted ~$133 at Parramatta Honda.

Peter Warren Honda
    14/13 Hume Highway Warwick Farm NSW 2170
    (02) 9828 8111

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Could someone please update the pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    In for pics too! thought they never had to be replaced

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    K20A DC5 Type R
    Hi there, are there actually pics for this thread??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    why cant i see the pics