Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

Honda civic b16a engine mount leaking

Hey guys
    need a little bit of help here.. I've got some kind of leakage on the engine mount and im just wondering whats the cause of this and how much roughly it would cost to fix
    thanks
    some pics of the leakage

and a close up of it

simple
    you get a replacement mount off another EM1 , EK4 or any other EK chassis car.

$50 or so for the part and another $50-100 for labour to fix it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ahh sweet thanks man

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    ok jst checked under the hood today and theres like no leakage at all and i haven't even touch it yet besides wiping it after i took the pics but before when i wiped it oil started leaking out after i few drives but this time when i wiped it there was no leaking at all *wtf man made me spend 30bucks on the part*...
    does this mean i still have to change the part?

IF it came from the part ( it is full of oil) then yes - the oil on there likely weeped out under force from a crack etc.
    Check your power steering lines and reservoir too for leaks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 Civic R
    Quote Originally Posted by ayebaybay View Post
    Hey guys
    need a little bit of help here.. I've got some kind of leakage on the engine mount and im just wondering whats the cause of this and how much roughly it would cost to fix
    Please check on the part where you found the oil and if was the source of the leakage, you should replace it with good honda civic parts. If there is another source of that oil leakage, that part instead of the engine mount should be replaced.
    Last edited by haroldbrock; 27-06-2011 at 12:10 PM.