Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Eg Civic

My Engine & Turbo Questions...

Hey all,

I have 2 really noob questions in my weakest area of a car. The engine haha.
    I have searched a couple of places and haven't completely found the answers I'm looking for...

Firstly and most noobly of all, is that I don't know the name of my engine. I have a 92 Eg Civic Breeze, Dual Carb Hatchback and need to know the name of it for searching parts etc.

And secondly, I am due for my full license and am keen as beans for turboing the carb engine. Before I get told to transplant to a b16 etc, I just want to point out that I am not going down the turbo route for perfomance or anything, it is purely for the flutter.
    I just want to know EVERYTHING that I would need to do in order to achieve this.

Any help at all would be appreciated and I don't mind the odd critisism for being so noob at this stuff haha.
    bitches be trippin'

get one of those electronic gimmicks that make the blow off valve sound or flutter sound.

much cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    get one of those electronic gimmicks that make the blow off valve sound or flutter sound.

much cheaper.
    +1

give me a good reason not to close this thread
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Eg Civic
    haha alright then.
    Thought I would get this response. guess you can close it aye.
    bitches be trippin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    u can do it bud, but just for compressor surge sound, give or take 2.5-4k...... and just for that sound ?!?!???!?! LOL
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    fake BOV = twat.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

glue a whistle to your intake. or just get a d16 and turbo that

i wouldnt turbo a carb
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    turbo chatter is BAD anyway - its NOT what you WANT from a turbo setup

please OP - read this article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressor_stall

im going to leave this open to educate the masses =p

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra VTi-R
    Just burn that sound to a CD, put it in your car and hit play when ever you want to hear it! or spend 2k + on a kit lol
    **If I have helped you out please feel free to give PQ (post quality point), cheers**

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    turbo chatter is BAD anyway - its NOT what you WANT from a turbo setup
    apart from internet forums, i'd love to know where u get ur above "FACTUAL" info about turbo flutter being no good????

unless ofcourse u have previous experience.............

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    iv actually seen alot of turbo bearings die because of stalling turbos from incorrect intercooler/bov setups and guys flogging out the flutter sound - as soon as they get excited by the sound you can almost bet that in about 4 months time they will be overhauling their turbos

depends how bad the turbo stalls/flutters/surges and how strong the original turbo bearing is as well

it also creates lag and messes with the ECU that is trying to correct for air intake variance due to incorrect bov or atmospheric dumping bov

theres chapters on compressor stalling and turbine thermodynamics in most mechanical engineering books =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    apart from internet forums, i'd love to know where u get ur above "FACTUAL" info about turbo flutter being no good????

unless ofcourse u have previous experience.............
    Actually my brothers S15 turbo is dying, we removed the standard bov about 1.5 years now..... when boosting, it makes a slightly faint whine noise, meaning its on its way out, no smoke as of yet, but all signs point to a worn turbo.... theres a reason why manufactures put BoV standard, and not just for noise reduction

As far as fluttering goes, with alot of MAF equipped, you be lucky to even get 10 liters per 100kms, compressor surge messes up with MAF signal to much, creating over fueling every time the butterfly closes, and theres many cases where atmo give bad side effects, such as idling problems and worse of all, stalling
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC