Member Array
    Car:
    EG5

Power steering rack replacement/ Advice

Hi all just thought i would ask for some advice,
    I have an EG5 the power steering feels very very light on he steering wheel, my sedan was never this light and easy so i was wondering if this was normal in a hatch or is something up with my rack? I have the motor out and seen the boots are all buggered on the rack also. I have another spare rack from a 95-98 JDM Honda Integra SiR/SiR II (DB8, DC2) with 75k on it that looks in good condition and was considering putting that one in.. if i did put the spare rack in is there any maintenance i should do on it first to make sure its nice and healthy or is there something i should check on it to make sure it will be drama free later on? hope this makes sense
    Advice would be appreciated thanks.
    EG5 w/ B18C Project.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Nobody has done this?
    EG5 w/ B18C Project.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    im in the process of doing mine.
    all i did was grease the thing and replaced all the rubber boots.
    shrughs dunno what else is needed
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    haha yeah the boots are good on mine i was more thinkin if there is any seals i should replace just to save any dramas down the track
    EG5 w/ B18C Project.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    theres no seals to replace, just bolt in and thats it. Make sure you use OEM P/S fluid.
    OEM parts whore

there is an O-ring inside the rack, but you have to pull the whole thing apart to get to it. Should be fine anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    you can change the 'c - bracket' bushing and the the two other smaller bushings that mount to the subframe.... maybe even change boots & regrease because its unlikely you'll be removing it again.
    its the ice cream man !

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    awesome thanks guys, yeah i have replaced the bushes with Energy Suspension polyurethane ones and the boots are in great condition since the rack has had low k's on it so all should ba good, it was th O-ring Vtecing mentioned that i thought i might be a good idea to replace but if there no real history of them being a problematic thing then iu should be good to go. cheers for the replys
    EG5 w/ B18C Project.