Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Not sure why it matters what I have....but anyway.
    EG4, Ohlins DFV 14/6.

Currently running 14kg/mm springs in the front, you can sometimes get quiet a harsh ride when matched with bad shocks. The Ohlins aren't too bad but you sometimes get that "crash" when hitting big bumps at speed.
    The collar kit softens this soooo much! Basically taking the edge off a harsh ride. Springs definitely don't feel like 14kg items anymore. Makes the car feel that little bit more refined, almost to DC2R standards.
    Basically is doesn't feel like your fillings are going to rattle out.
    Add to that, bumps are more controlled. You don't spear or dart off, the car moves in one motion. Such an old car can feel disjointed at times when driving over bad surface or chassis flex under load.
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Thanks for the feedback, always good to hear personal experiences.

1. Were they hard to install?
    2. How long did it take?
    3. Where/which website did you buy them from?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Found them on Yahoo Auctions JPN and got JDM Garage to import them. $201 + agent fees and shipping.

If you have stock engine mounts it should be a lot easier. I've got HASPORT mounts in mine so the subframe didn't drop as low as you'd like it, to slip the collars in. So a crowbar was used to lever it open.
    The instructions are in jap...lol but we worked it out in the end. The photos are good! Just had to suss out exactly which bolts they are pointing out then place the collars in the CORRECT way. We worked out the collars should be inserted they way they are drawn in the instructions, so which ever way it faced up is how it goes in. I'm still unsure on how Collar 5 is meant to go in....I assume it's on the bottom of the subframe, not in it like the other 4. Plus it's way too big to go else where....*shrug*

Took about 30-40mins on a hoist.

If you could be bothered to spend the money and effort to install, it's worth it! Our cars are just so old, nice refresh.
    I want to add, it's not like bracing up the car and making it more stiff/noisey. It instead makes the chassis more refined, much like a new gen car. i.e DC5/MK5 GTi. I know those cars are out of our league but as I have and do drive those cars extensively, it's the best I can describe it.
    It feels "nicer". Haha such a bad explanation.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    did u buy it brand new? or 2nd hand from jp auction? thz

Member Array
    Car:
    2009 Red FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    ohh really... how does that work with the more noise? Personal experience?
    I installed subframe locks on my s15 and there was little movement except when the LSD locked in and out. A bit harsher but quite noticeable
    ...96 EK4 VTIR Hatch, Enkei RPF1s, BClub Short Shift Kit, Mugen Pedals, Tanabe NF210 springs, whiteline rear sway bar

Member Array
    Car:
    2009 Red FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    Found them on Yahoo Auctions JPN and got JDM Garage to import them. $201 + agent fees and shipping.

If you have stock engine mounts it should be a lot easier. I've got HASPORT mounts in mine so the subframe didn't drop as low as you'd like it, to slip the collars in. So a crowbar was used to lever it open.
    The instructions are in jap...lol but we worked it out in the end. The photos are good! Just had to suss out exactly which bolts they are pointing out then place the collars in the CORRECT way. We worked out the collars should be inserted they way they are drawn in the instructions, so which ever way it faced up is how it goes in. I'm still unsure on how Collar 5 is meant to go in....I assume it's on the bottom of the subframe, not in it like the other 4. Plus it's way too big to go else where....*shrug*

Took about 30-40mins on a hoist.

If you could be bothered to spend the money and effort to install, it's worth it! Our cars are just so old, nice refresh.
    I want to add, it's not like bracing up the car and making it more stiff/noisey. It instead makes the chassis more refined, much like a new gen car. i.e DC5/MK5 GTi. I know those cars are out of our league but as I have and do drive those cars extensively, it's the best I can describe it.
    It feels "nicer". Haha such a bad explanation.
    Nice work on putting up the cash and effort for the install... now if we can get you to tell us what 'nicer' means we'll be set!
    ...96 EK4 VTIR Hatch, Enkei RPF1s, BClub Short Shift Kit, Mugen Pedals, Tanabe NF210 springs, whiteline rear sway bar

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    It doesn't drive like a piece of poo. Clicky klacky.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...-the-gt-r.aspx

Dino's article showed it had collars for the rear subframe as well, Nig did you get those collars too?
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    i met dino in person, and he said they were the best 200 he's ever spent.

i bought them, installed them. the worst 200 ive ever spent. lol unless my subframe was perfectly aligned before ?
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    ...and found the steering needed to be re-centered now that the subframe was aligned properly with the chassis. Even driving the car around you can instantly feel an improvement in the car's dynamics. The first manhole cover I went over I instantly noticed the suspension felt far more compliant when dealing with bumps and steering feel definitely improved off center, where it had always felt a little vague. On the limit is where the changes can really be felt, with the alignment now perfectly squared up, the car feels far more precise and planted through corners while direction changes are more progressive when tire grip eventually begins to let go.
    Exactly what he said...

I do however wish I found that article before installing mine.....didn't know you had to use copper grease! >_<!

The Civic kit doesn't come with rear ones....doubt you need them.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    subframe doesnt move on rear lol

the cooper grease is the grease that comes with it. it should have been browny/orangey colour. comes in a tube, but you only need about 2/3rds of the tube.
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    THERE WAS NO TUBE OMG.

Ripped off.