Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by sxmachine View Post
    2 holes In the throttle body 1 on top 1 on bottom now while the car is running place your finger over the top hole see what happens, than place it over the bottom hole if it stops hunting when finger Is over bottom hole pull the unit that's on the bottom of the throttle body a coolant line runs to it... Take the 2screws of the plate at the end of it.. Theres a thing inside tighten it up.. that fixed my hunting problem on my b16a2
    If it's like my b16 99" there is only a top hole as there is no FIV (bottom hole) on the throttle body just a heads up

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    its a b18cr 96 spec?
    jdmEG5: Will u take 2 ounces of weed +$500 your way? I'm not kidding.

Speed is a matter of money... How fast can you AFFORD to go?

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplicit View Post
    its a b18cr 96 spec?
    Sweet u should have an FIV and FITV mate look at the video I linked you to and give it a shot!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    b18cr dont have fitv afaik

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    As far as my research goes b series motors from early 90-96 came out with the FITV -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    everything i can find, says b18cr doesnt have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    everything i can find, says b18cr doesnt have it.
    go have a look and confirm...

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    harder said than done car is out of town atm, i stopped driving it. dont wanna run the risk of damaging anything further.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    harder said than done car is out of town atm, i stopped driving it. dont wanna run the risk of damaging anything further.

Sucks your car isnt nearby mate! Well if you still need this info I am going to try these troubleshoot guides and hope to fix my issue as I'm having the same issue as you!

P.s if your like me and don't have the FITV And that other stuff just try all the steps u can

Extract from:http://ef-honda.com/ben/Badidle.php

First things first, don't skip any of these steps. From what I have read (and experienced) usually small dumb things cause these problems so don't overlook anything. Also refer back up to the pictures if need be.

1) Check your vacuum routing. On the underside of your hood there should be a vacuum diagram. If there isn't a diagram under there, there is one in a Helms, Chiltons, or Haynes manual for your car (you should have one of these anyway). Remember, ANY extra air will confuse the ECU. Check for cracked or bad vacuum hoses. If in doubt just replace the hose, they are cheap.

The PCV valve could also be the culprit. Take it out and examine it. If it is cracked it could be causing a vacuum leak. Replace the peice if you arent completely sure it is ok (the helms/chiltons/haynes manuals tell you how to check it).

2) Check to see that your throttle plate is closed all the way. Take your intake off at the TB and check to see that nothing is blocking the plate. If nothing is in the way and it isn't closed all the way, loosen your throttle cable.

3) Check to see if the nuts holding the TB and the IM on are tight, this was the source of my idle problem. If they are loose, tighten them.

3.5) Check the Idle screw. Its on the top of the TB right next to the red vacuum line in the first picture. Its a flat-tip screw and most TB's have it epoxied over. If your screw is not epoxied over try adjusting it.

4) Bleed your coolant. Some air bubbles may throw the FITV off and keep the valve open.

5) Take the 3 10mm bolts out of the FITV (you don't have to take off the coolant lines). Then take off the 2 8mm bolts off the plate on the back of the FITV. Once the plate is off you will see a white plastic thing, screw that all the way in. This causes a TON of people's hunting idle problems (it's a source of a vacuum leak). Put the FITV back on and start the car up. If it still idles bad go on. Here is a writeup on the FITV.

6) Clean the IACV screen(s). See Oz's write up on G2IC.

7) Make sure your car is completely warmed up. With it running, take the intake off the TB. There are 2 holes right in front of the throttle plate, these are the holes that feed the IACV (top hole) and the FITV (bottom hole). With your finger, cover up the bottom hole (it should NOT be sucking if your car is warmed up). If the idle goes down the FITV is to blame, either get a new one or take it apart and screw the valve completely closed (I have only read of people doing this, so I don't know exactly how. Also, you will have to keep the engine speed up yourself when the car is cold).

Next cover both holes up with your fingers. The car should sputter and die (or almost die). If it does then the source of your crappy idle is the IACV. Replace it. If you want you can test the IACV. Shut the car off and put + battery voltage to the blk/yel terminal (on the valve) and momentarily touch ground to the blu/yel side. When doing this the valve should click, if it doesn't, replace it.

If, when covering both holes the car still has a high idle, you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Again check the IM and TB nuts. You can spray carb cleaner around those areas and if any gets sucked in (the engine will rev) you have found your leak. Another source of vacuum leaks are where the FITV and IACV connect to the IM. Either replace the gaskets or use silicone gasket sealant.

8) If nothing has worked you should test your TPS. Probe the middle wire on the TPS plug (with the key on but not running, and the plug still connected to the sensor) with the + probe on the volt meter, and the neg probe to ground. You should have .5v with a fully closed throttle plate and 4.8v with it wide open. If the TPS is off, replace it. My TPS was .425v to 4.55v and it idles fine now so I don't know how big the margin of error is. Also, it is pretty rare for these to go bad.

9) If, still, nothing has worked you might want to try a new ECU. This also is very unlikely, but worth a try.

10) If it still idles bad, go through the steps again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    thanks for the that! ill give it a go

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    thanks for the that! ill give it a go
    No problems! Here to help I'm actually having the same issue with my fresh b16a2 lol so any info I find that could help I'll keep u posted

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    ok so i dont have FITV, so i cleaned out my iacv, problem is still there .

i think the thing we should be concerning ourselves is the fact the issue dissappeared when i sprayed carby cleaner down the throttle the issue went away! its soooo weird!!