Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

swapping parts jazz to jazz

Hey Guys,
    ATM i have a CVT 7sp Jazz but i have come to the conclusion that the auto just isnt good enough for me so i wanna buy a manual and swap some of my things over.

First is the boot! it has a spoiler and my, self made, Carbon backed Honda badge (which i admit is worthless but its still mine!).

Second the drivers Door.
    It has all my favorite decals, and ones that i know will be a pain to get back again.

So can anyone see any problems this may lead too? given im going to buy another silver Jazz also. so colour matching should be an issue.

I just dont wanna find that the power windows stopped working, and is there anyway to transfer some of those cables as a whole rather than cut n reconnect?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    its all transferableee matey. i assume you're buying the same model - as in a GD3? the doors and boot are just bolt on and plugged in so alllllllllllllllll is relatively simple.

...i got a CVT 7 speed too. never felt as cool as the manual guys.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh i was pretty sure it could all just move over.

but im just wondering how i unplug the door and boot? do u just tug the line and it comes off from inside the boot or door?
    and what about the 06 model? does that have a deferent boot? over here in perth we dont have much selection and the 06 is easiest to find in manual 1.5L

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    I'm pretty sure it's the same boot. An 06 is a gd3, you got a gd3. All is sweet. To take off the door you need to take off the door trims. There's like a little gap at the bottom of the door trim. Get your prying tool or flat head screwdriver with some cloth wrapped around it or something (to protect from damage) and firmly pry off the trims. There are a few clips. Oh but first take off the handle. There's a screw or two on the handle. Then then then pull the handle towards the back of the car to dislodge it and unplug the cords. Then pull the door trim up off the door, undo the bolts on the door while very carefully taking the wires out of the door holes.

All good in the hood.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thanks, but ive decided that im not gonna swap the parts over, too much chance of not fitting right and colour mismatching.
    so im just gonna sell the CVT and put up with the loss of stickers, but ill steal my spoiler back xD

thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Thread revival
    He never got his spoiler back haha
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum