Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord 2003

couple of questions about my honda accord 2003 7th v6

Hello Everyone

It's my first time post something in forum. I have a honda accord 2003 V6 luxury, and I have some questions about this car, hope I can get answer from here.

Q1. Everytime when I accelerate,deep accelerate,after that,I can smell something inside of the car,and my friend drive at back can also smell it. very stinky, and just like the stink eggs...and only after deep accelerate. What's going on with that?

Q2. that's the problem of airbag, sometimes if passager seats with some stuff, the airbag light on the dash will light until start engine again. how to fix that problem?

Sorry about my english, I am a overseas student. Thanks!
    Last edited by albertju; 23-06-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    HI albertju

1-this rotten egg gas smell can be caused by dirty fuel, my car smells the same sometimes.

2-your not refering to the front seat occupant sensor? this will light up saying that the pass seatbelt is not in use, it thinks someone is sitting there without the belt on.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by albertju View Post
    Hello Everyone

It's my first time post something in forum. I have a honda accord 2003 V6 luxury, and I have some questions about this car, hope I can get answer from here.

Q1. Everytime when I accelerate,deep accelerate,after that,I can smell something inside of the car,and my friend drive at back can also smell it. very stinky, and just like the stink eggs...and only after deep accelerate. What's going on with that?

Q2. that's the problem of airbag, sometimes if passager seats with some stuff, the airbag light on the dash will light until start engine again. how to fix that problem?

Sorry about my english, I am a overseas student. Thanks!
    Rotten Egg smell? Sounds like your car might have a cracked Cat converter or cracked exhaust header/downpipe.

That crap is toxic.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord 2003
    Thanks for replying, but my car always use the BP 98 fuel and I just add 1 bottle of the petrol injesction cleaner or whatever that is...So it really confuse me...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzvtil View Post
    HI albertju

1-this rotten egg gas smell can be caused by dirty fuel, my car smells the same sometimes.

2-your not refering to the front seat occupant sensor? this will light up saying that the pass seatbelt is not in use, it thinks someone is sitting there without the belt on.
    Hello Damzvtil
    about the airbag light, sometimes when I driving along, and if I turn the corner a bit fast, or accelerate hard, after those thing, it light as well, not just with people sitting on the seat.